HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

3D Style Units: Love or Hate? And why the influx?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Love 'em or hate 'em?
Love them!
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Hate them!
29%
 29% [ 4 ]
Don't care
64%
 64% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: 3D Style Units: Love or Hate? And why the influx?   Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:46 pm

So it seems like many players have voiced dislike of the 3D style art most famously done by CAH, Boolatoon, bpalm, NeoArtCorE, and a few others.

I for one am not a huge fan of the style, preferring more "traditional" anime style of artwork.  Granted, there are two that I do like: Astarte (Boolatoon) and Alochos (CAH).  However, that's only two out of ???, so I guess I would have to say that, overall, I'm not a fan.

With that said, what is everyone else's thoughts on the matter?  Do you think there's an increasing prevalence of this art style?  If so, why do you think this art style is becoming more prevalent?  Is it particularly popular among the player base?  Popular specifically among those who spend?  Is it cheaper to get artists for this style?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenOpalus

PostSubject: Re: 3D Style Units: Love or Hate? And why the influx?   Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 am

I personally don't mind the 3D style. Some of those are beautiful and damn cool UvU <3 would love to get one myself (They're mostly 7*s and 8*s sobs). Though some people seems dislike them. I saw someone says that NeoArtCorE can only draw 1 face and when it kinda true when I see some of his work XD

I think it's because Fanta want to give us too many pack cards, their JP card stock aren't enough to cover it. So they increase the number of international cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 3D Style Units: Love or Hate? And why the influx?   Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:19 am

Lucent, I'm really glad you started this thread. I was wondering this myself! I agree with you, I don't like the art nearly as well have seen others in game complain about it, at least when they were first released.

I also wonder if they are cheaper or easier to create for some reason. Maybe some artists here can shed light for us.

Look forward to seeing the results of the poll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D Style Units: Love or Hate? And why the influx?   Today at 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down

3D Style Units: Love or Hate? And why the influx?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1