HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 I am temporarily suspended!!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:05 am

I'm with Valhades -- I'm surprised people fall for these things so easily.

The best way to force a developer's action (who STILL hasn't fixed things) is to post it publicly -- right now, he can just keep hacking the game under different accounts and probably is.

And considering he's probably making hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, people should look past the well spoken-ness or frankness and look at what's actually happening. I'm sure meteor is a "nice" person, but I would rather see exploitation of the game stop than anything else.

_________________
KiK: clocksprocket | Play DOT! Referral: 7Px4

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 am

The problem here and now is the Devs. They are nonchalant about how the players feel. They don't take feedbacks, they do things very differently from others. Then when their profits are affected, they take drastic actions.

This is not how it is supposed to be done. And seeing how the Devs work, they would probably just suspend all of us the moment GT discloses something here publicly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 am

^ If it does get publicly released and if the nature of the exploit is such that almost anyone can do it, I would like to believe that things can go out of hand very quickly if this information was spread out to other forums.

It would be much easier then for them to fix the exploit than ban everyone where the exploit was revealed in our forums and other forums if they were really that heavy handed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:23 am

Oh well up to you guys. I am too tired for a debate to be honest. This game and its crazy rules tires people out real fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am

^hah I don't think I've ever seen a game that forces its players to live 10 minutes or 5 minutes at a time tbh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah. That's a bit crazy, but there are many out there who are still clicking. I nearly burnt out my phone the last time I did that so no more. Rather just play when I have the time. Hahhaa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhades
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-09
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 am

kelvgoh wrote:
The problem here and now is the Devs. They are nonchalant about how the players feel. They don't take feedbacks, they do things very differently from others. Then when their profits are affected, they take drastic actions.

This is not how it is supposed to be done. And seeing how the Devs work, they would probably just suspend all of us the moment GT discloses something here publicly.

The problem is most definitely not the game's devs. Their actions were somewhat justified (albeit the lack of communication was not), they could have done a lot worse. I know a few people that still have large stacks of meteor's hacked TEs and they were never suspended; From another perspective you could say that the scope of their suspension was too small (secondary and tertiary trades were ignored). They could have performed a reverse-sequential trade reversal for the past two weeks, banned everyone to the n'th' degree, or even brought the servers down entirely until they determined who needed permanent banning.

I can assure you that if an exploit were released publicly, the servers would be brought down immediately and stay down until they fix it. Likely this would take no longer than 48 hours because every second they are down they are losing profits -- Most game studios have a contingency staff for catastrophic events to minimize downtime.

And banning everyone on the forum? That's quite paranoid. They have no way of determining who's forum ID correlates to their ingame one. Considering SS is a Japanese company, I doubt they are even aware that this forum exists in the first place. Their English speaking staff is limited to technical support who spend the day dealing with angry English-speakers and not surfing the web.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am

Like I said, I am too tired for a debate. But the lack of communication was really a bad thing. We paid, and we get such treatment.

And as for the banning part, yes it's quite paranoid, but look at how they do things. The lack of responsibility is what upsets some of us. Device registration? And when people loses their phones or when it spoils because those poor sods spent so much time playing and burning out their phones, what happens then?

Contingency plans just for profits is just not right no matter how they try to justify it.

If you think that the game devs were right, then they are right. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boxna



Join date : 2012-09-13
Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:40 am

There may be many people think that this time the banned the people are right
Well, may be, the reason why they ban much people is right, but, i think the way is wrong

1)most of the player banned is just because of They trade to a player who break the rules. Those player HANEN'T BREAK ANY RULES!
May be for Silicon to check Gtmeteor, they must banned the users who traded with him, BUT Why Silicon DIDN'T NOTICE OTHER INNOCENT PLAYER THAT WHY THEY ARE BANNED FIRST??
We didn't hack any thing, Why WE HAVE TO BE BANNED BECAUSE SOMETHING WE HAVN'T DO???



2)Ya, they have said we can send mail to ask them, but, it is a lie. here is the course of I send the mail to them:

Sent to MOBAGE support=Pls send to Silicon

OK, then Sent to Silicon = Pls send to MOBAGE

Ha? Then i send to ask Silicon angin = pls give infomation

send infomation = just a liitle peoblem

Wait for a few day, event started, still suspended,send mail ask when the suspension will remove? = we have found that you account hv no problen now, will remove

Wait for a day, still suspended, send mail again = pls give me the ID
And then wait wait WAIT!!

At last they never give me the answer of why i'm suspended, I have to find why i'm suspended by myself, and send many and many mail to ask when can I use my acc again.




Well, they banned the hacker is good, But the way how the check the hacker is NO CARES OTHER PLAYERS FEELING! I don't think it is the service to the player who spend many money in this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am

....I'm sorry... but.... what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:53 am

Blargod wrote:
....I'm sorry... but.... what?

Suspect

I think she meant SS is very unfair to us players. They should at least send us an email. And despite their assurance that they have found nothing suspicious with our trades, they haven't unsuspend us and the waiting time is really painful. And that we paid money so we should not be treated this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boxna



Join date : 2012-09-13
Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:
....I'm sorry... but.... what?

Suspect

I think she meant SS is very unfair to us players. They should at least send us an email. And despite their assurance that they have found nothing suspicious with our trades, they haven't unsuspend us and the waiting time is really painful. And that we paid money so we should not be treated this way.

Yes jut like you said. And also they should give us an answer and take action quickly when we send email to them.
My english is not good so it become hard to understand, soory guys Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 am

Ah gotcha. It's just that that topic has discussed so much that it's like beating the dead horse into a fine and bloody pulp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Yeah no problem. Most important thing is that they have to try to be emphatic about it and try to think of how the players would feel if they get suspended without notice, and then promised an unsuspension only for the thing to be delayed. And that device registration is really worrying. Good luck everybody!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gtmeteor



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Valhades wrote:
He does not reveal it because he can still make money by exploiting the game on a new account. If he really wanted it fixed, he would release the details publicly and then SS would be forced into action, fixing the exploit. The only person he is interested in helping is himself, he has made a lot of REAL MONEY from selling illegally obtained TE/cards.
False.
I've already sent the info to developers. If I would release it publicly - CHAOS and utterly the destruction of the game would occur, because it would be impossible for SS to react swiftly enough.

Any back ups to your claims of my profits?

Blargod wrote:
^ Knowing too little won't do us any good either. I don't think that turning a blind eye on this matter is the right way to go. What happens if another incident like this happens again?
Developers are totally responsible for prevention of such incidents. If it happens again - I think it will be a good sign to give them the middle finger and spend your money/time on another game.

clocksprocket wrote:
I'm with Valhades -- I'm surprised people fall for these things so easily.
The best way to force a developer's action (who STILL hasn't fixed things) is to post it publicly -- right now, he can just keep hacking the game under different accounts and probably is.
And considering he's probably making hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, people should look past the well spoken-ness or frankness and look at what's actually happening. I'm sure meteor is a "nice" person, but I would rather see exploitation of the game stop than anything else.
Now you're just contradicting yourself. If I release info publicly - the exploitation would SPIKE to the point where the game would be utterly unplayable for 80% of the player base, and pretty much impossible for SS to restore. At least trust me on this - I know how things work.
And same as for Valhades - any proof for claims of my thousand dollar profit?

Yes, it might be the best way for developers if stuff went out of hand. For players? I don't think anyone would be happy with a server rollback.

Anyways... I can assure you that at the moment I am 100% away from the game. (That is well, for your decision to believe or not.), and that I will be back sooner or later.

As mentioned my Fantasica account was removed, however I'm still able to create a new one under same Mobage account (which itself is ... wtf?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Without blaming the devs for not doing their jobs (we've all worked, and pretended to work when we didnt feel like working)

Without blaming the innocent, who were banned for well...no reason and were wronged in at least one way

Without becoming opinionated, arguing and making claims and such as is our nature

And without spending anymore time on this delima...can we just agree that mistakes were made...but eventually, we must move past them.

I like this forum because it's filled with people like Clocks and Crowex and Fastfood wiz, Latin, elasian, gt and many more people who come from different backgrounds and areas, and all have different motives and goals in life, treat each other in a civil manner. Arguing really isnt getting us anywhere, and really isnt something I've seen the mods allow to happen. Because it's not in anyway helping us enjoy the game.

_________________


Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhades
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-09
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm

gtmeteor wrote:
I've already sent the info to developers. If I would release it publicly - CHAOS and utterly the destruction of the game would occur, because it would be impossible for SS to react swiftly enough.
Destruction of the game? I wonder what you were doing the past several weeks... hmmm.

"Chaos" would quickly be remedied by a server shut-down and 24-hour rollback, all of the damage is reversed. Nothing like the irreparable damage to the game you've done by implicating countless players to the point that SS can't act appropriately. The fact you "sent the info" is just hearsay, especially coming from you.

gtmeteor wrote:
Any back ups to your claims of my profits?
I bet you bought multiple of the same 6* using TE to no limit just to keep a large collection in your inbox, right? Must be.

"So, I guessed it was all fine and dandy, since SS didn't care."
Of course, you genuinely believed that SS is totally fine with you obtaining time elixirs and cards illegally and selling them to players. It's totally their fault and not yours, right.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 pm

okay...ignore me then...

_________________


Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qaras



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Valhades wrote:
"So, I guessed it was all fine and dandy, since SS didn't care."
Of course, you genuinely believed that SS is totally fine with you obtaining time elixirs and cards illegally and selling them to players. It's totally their fault and not yours, right.
Both parties are guilty. While he probably shouldn't have been exploiting the game in the first place, the point still stands that SS hasn't patched the game to remove the exploit. Anyone else with the same know-how could hack it tomorrow, and the game would be just as vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Exactly, which is why posting the vulnerabilities publicly (which would allow more people to exploit them) would force Silicon's hand -- like Valhades said, taking the server down and rolling it back 24h or however much, after fixing the security hole, would do a lot more good than allowing the same one or two people to run the whole game economy.

_________________
KiK: clocksprocket | Play DOT! Referral: 7Px4

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeraphShaun



Join date : 2012-09-17
Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:33 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
Exactly, which is why posting the vulnerabilities publicly (which would allow more people to exploit them) would force Silicon's hand -- like Valhades said, taking the server down and rolling it back 24h or however much, after fixing the security hole, would do a lot more good than allowing the same one or two people to run the whole game economy.

your point is rather valid, but I am rather surprised that you came out with that.

Always had a impression that you are a mild manner lady.

I think I can understand where you come from Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhades
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-09
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 pm

SeraphShaun wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:
Exactly, which is why posting the vulnerabilities publicly (which would allow more people to exploit them) would force Silicon's hand -- like Valhades said, taking the server down and rolling it back 24h or however much, after fixing the security hole, would do a lot more good than allowing the same one or two people to run the whole game economy.

your point is rather valid, but I am rather surprised that you came out with that.

Always had a impression that you are a mild manner lady.

I think I can understand where you come from Very Happy

I think that anyone with a genuine vested interest (either monetary or time) in the game, and not their own assets, would feel that way. Top 6 star cards have gone from 2,000 TE to 3,000 in the span of only the last two weeks, surely you can't believe that is natural progression of value. If I had to buy all of my six stars with Time Elixirs legitimately I would need over $25,000. The obvious fact of the damage is that boxes are worth far more than Time Elixirs; new players cannot realistically buy enough Time Elixirs to afford anything, you're better off buying boxes and selling the contents.

There is a surprising number of players that fail to see the harm that gtmeteor() has done to the game. His posts repeatedly paint Silicon Studios as the villain and vindicate himself, feigning ignorance when he clearly knew what he was doing. Silicon Studios was generous in this situation by not deleting the illegal TEs and tried to keep uninvolved players out of the matter, even if it meant letting them keep hacked Time Elixirs.

I for one would like to see the community recognize the real antagonist in this scenario. Bugs, flaws, exploits happen -- It's an inevitable part of software development. It's the individuals who choose to aggressively pursue exploits for profit that destroy games. In the hacking world, there is a reason that private and 0-day hacks remain secrets. The more well known an exploit is, the faster it will get patched.

Just like politics, it's easy enough to disguise greed as philanthropy if you're well enough articulated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 pm

kelvgoh wrote:
The problem here and now is the Devs. They are nonchalant about how the players feel. They don't take feedbacks, they do things very differently from others. Then when their profits are affected, they take drastic actions.

This is not how it is supposed to be done. And seeing how the Devs work, they would probably just suspend all of us the moment GT discloses something here publicly.
agreed... if gt is to reveal the vulnerability here... i won't be surprised if everyone in this forum gets to sit on the bench... permanently. after all, even using forum is against the game's T&C. what more, developers can then claim this forum was used to spread vulnerability...

if anyone's read about white hackers... when they discover vulnerabilities in a software, first thing they do is actually write to the developers... explain to them... give them some time to fix the problem... yes, if after a certain time, there is no action/ response, the hacker can then decide whether to release the information to public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhades
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-09
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 pm

There are some confusions with your post.

-The game development company is japanese. They can't see anything out of in-game because they do not have a localized American branch (as Mobage does). Their staff capable of understanding English is limited to Tech Support -- and even their English is pretty bad. They have no idea these forums exist and even if they did, everything on it can not be used as evidence because nothing is stopping me from pretending to be youo.

-gtmeteor() claiming that he wrote the developers is hearsay from himself. He's likely just saying that to get people (like you) on his side because:

-White hat hackers do not hack software for their own personal gain (outside of potential employment) and when they do demonstrate vulnerabilities, they are not destructive about it. gtmeteor() does not fit this criteria. If you paid attention to his wall at all, he spent weeks buying 6*s (even multiple of the same) with his hacked TE non-stop, presumably selling them for real money. His clear intent was to exploit the game for profit, even if it meant the destruction of the game economy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Valhades wrote:
-White hat hackers do not hack software for their own personal gain (outside of potential employment) and when they do demonstrate vulnerabilities, they are not destructive about it. gtmeteor() does not fit this criteria. If you paid attention to his wall at all, he spent weeks buying 6*s (even multiple of the same) with his hacked TE non-stop, presumably selling them for real money. His clear intent was to exploit the game for profit, even if it meant the destruction of the game economy.
i m not defending gt. but i'm not condemning him either... because i have no evidence or what not.

just because someone goes around buying up 6* dun mean they used illegal means. that is an assumption. unless you have evidence.

i'm merely stating what is generally accepted as common/ normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I am temporarily suspended!!?   Today at 12:40 pm

Back to top Go down
 
I am temporarily suspended!!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» I am temporarily suspended!!?
» Temporarily Inactive
» The 5th gen Clan tournament --SUSPENDED--
» Texas Depth Chart
» Operations at Keiss abattoir suspended

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: