HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jofacha

PostSubject: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Hello again guys :3

question this time about selling my astarte

i dont want to do it cause i pulled her as my first seven but im wondering if its better to sell her now for te/pots and buy back later because of the potential market crash

what are your opinions?  Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M60A1
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 pm

I'd sell her and save a lot of TE/POT before she gets to hard to sell
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 am

M60A1 wrote:
I'd sell her and save a lot of TE/POT before she gets to hard to sell
Yeah, if you don't need her, the TE is always better.

Besides, you can probably buy the 8* with that TE eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogerwiwio

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:50 am

Pullable have the hudge dissadvantage that they can be pulled Smile
So more of them gonna be pulled and through this gonna get cheaper.

If they are reprinted like poor edea dropp much.

8* is currently nowhere to be seen on horizon for us but can pop up any event.
So units gonna loose value. Also because new units gonna appear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:46 am

Let gravity do the work~~

8* will destroy the market like how 7* did. Everything will fall rock bottom again. Can't wait to buy 6* with 1 te/pot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:06 am

I think people are missing the quantity of 8* available. If you look at JP, the 8* are still being released at 10 per event, and they have had 8* for 3 months already. We're going to see 10-30 new 8* hitting the pool per event, and so 7* will retain a lot of usefulness for a long time. If you are hoping to buy an 8* with the TE you can get from Astarte, I would say it's likely going to be possible 5-6 months from now. Are you really going to sit on TE that long?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Minowara wrote:
I think people are missing the quantity of 8* available.  If you look at JP, the 8* are still being released at 10 per event, and they have had 8* for 3 months already.  We're going to see 10-30 new 8* hitting the pool per event, and so 7* will retain a lot of usefulness for a long time.  If you are hoping to buy an 8* with the TE you can get from Astarte, I would say it's likely going to be possible 5-6 months from now.  Are you really going to sit on TE that long?

You forget that they adjust the number of card released to our playerbase usually, so 8*s won't stay only 10 per Event for us.

By the way, in Japan ALL 8*s are TRADELOCKED, which is understandable, because they're just so OP and it'd make it impossible for 6*-7* players to play normal at all.

But bascially, to your question: It's always better to resell and rebuy later.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:07 pm

This game isn't well known for being reasonable and considerate to their customers. They can enjoy my and many others' 10 day inactivity for screwing us up yet again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jofacha

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:20 am

what is a good price to sell me astarte?
is 1.6k good? and would 1.8 be possible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:38 pm

jofacha wrote:
what is a good price to sell me astarte?
is 1.6k good? and would 1.8 be possible?

Imo that's too high. I'd try 1.2k or even lower. I haven't seen anyone buying for 1.6k.

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jofacha

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:47 pm

mmkay thank you x)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkKing11

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:23 am

SO 8* stars are out, *sigh* :/ any idea what they're gonna cost?

You guy think 4* will drop dramatically?
My dreams of getting a 7* are shattered  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:27 am

DarkKing11 wrote:

It depends on your luck, could be a buck, could be a few grands.

4* are already worthless now after all those m tickets.

At least you don't have to spend to get 7*.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowTempest
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 am

DarkKing11 wrote:

Sure, we'll definitely be able to put a price on a untradeable card '-'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkKing11

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am

Does that mean the 8* are not trade-able, at all?
So then the TE/Pot market shouldn't be affected by it, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:58 am

DarkKing11 wrote:
Does that mean the 8* are not trade-able, at all?
So then the TE/Pot market shouldn't be affected by it, right?

Wrong, the market will be affected as soon as the first rank 8* card comes out, because people will their Units for cheap to gain faster TE/Pots.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 am

Also people lucky enough to get the 8*s will have less use for their 7*s. So they may start selling them off. It will only be a trickle at first, but more sellers will eventually effect the market.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:41 pm

I don't see how any of the doom-and-gloom is even remotely relevant on this topic.

* Until further notice, 8* units are untradeable. This means that you either spend, spend, spend until you get 1 or more or you spend spend spend until you rank for 1. This will encourage more spending now that the 8*'s are truly unique. No more ranking "just because" and then flipping the next day.

* Because 8*'s are untradeable, and they can't be level broken until the Red Ambrosia is released, they're just like 7*'s...THAT CAN'T BE TRADED. They have no value outside of Colo, Battle Arena, and Guild War. And even then, so what?

* Step-Ups are well known for being awful investments in the search for a specific unit. If you pull like crazy and get Diana8, so what? You now have Diana8. You can't sell her. You can only use her. And what about pulling more to find her again? Then what? Have a lineup of 5x Diana8? Sure. Not to mention, there's a rather famous report of $10,000 being spent by a single, well-known player on Step-Ups in search of Lunarie only to come up empty.

* If and when tradeable 8*'s are released (and I'm 50/50 on that possibility based on their latest business decisions,) then you may see the market impacted. As it stands, cheaper 7*'s are neat, and all, but they're still superior to 8*'s in that you can customize an optimal lineup through trading. 8*'s are "you use what you get." They're bonuses. Furthermore, outside of pack-available 8*'s, you're looking at a very select few who will have full 8* lineups, and that's only if they consistently spend to rank event after event.

The sky isn't falling. The 7*'s will only be falling because the ranking owners won't be commanding premium prices anymore. They won't care. Then again, it changes the ranking dynamic. What's the point of ranking for an 8* if you can't flip it? What's the point of ranking for the 7* if the resale value is far lower than what you invested to rank?

It's chaos, and only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market   Today at 11:34 am

Back to top Go down

To sell or not? and effect of 8* on market
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1