HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolframite

PostSubject: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 am

Now, I've yet to spend any money on the game, but I've spent a ton of time (and I'm serious - I barely slept) during the Here There Be Dragons event to obtain my very first 'true' 6★ cards. I won't lie - I really love possessing units and chasing cards I like, but lately I was thinking about how much effort, time and money gets put into the game. Now, clearly, since Fantasica is an online game there has to be some point where the servers are no longer kept running and we can no longer play. I'd feel pretty bummed when the day comes, but I was wondering what other people thought; how much longer do you think we can keep playing this game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:33 am

In my opinion max 1,5-2 years, maybe even in 1 year time. Unless they continue to come up with nice events (like the ones we got recently) and keep us entertained, players will get fed up and find something else to play.

I'm awaiting the day they announce/release Fantasica 2, where everyone starts fresh and all new. Could be a sign for many to quit, but also a stimulus for new players to get a fairer chance at the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChadBruner

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Fantasica 2? Is that how they do it on android games? I've only played Simpsons tapped out before this so I was actually curious about the longevity of a game like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:29 pm

^ just to clarify, nothing has even hinted at Fantasica 2 ever becoming a possibility, I was just randomly predicting what could happen in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M60A1
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:23 pm

In the end, those who spent on this game would be screwed.
Unless, they come up with a way to transfer our cards to the next game.
But I see this game running for a while, depending on us and the spenders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
ChadBruner

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 pm

@Spacebug I'm aware, I just didn't know if you were referring to a trend in games like still putting out sequels after an extensive amount of expansions to the game already released.

Honestly I wish I could spend more right meow on this game. It's actually fun and despite what people think, I'd feel comfortable dropping $100 on a game like this just to do pack pulls in a game I really enjoy. People might criticize pay to play, but alas I remember spending $3k on YGO in one year and about $800 on CFV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:44 am

I guess I could see the game 'ending' in a couple years, as much as I hate the thought. Makes me wonder if I want to keep playing, or pick up a long-lasting offline game instead.

Any thoughts from anyone else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Just about all games end, even offline games are going to stop holding your interest eventually. So if you're having fun and the game is still thriving (which Fanta seems to be), there's no reason to jump off just yet.

Consider money spend not as an investment, but as a instant gratification too IMO (although I haven't spent yet, so I share your reservations on that).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChadBruner

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:06 pm

To be fair any money spent wouldn't be an investment anyways. You invest in something in the hopes that you'll get out more than what you put in eventually. Unless they allow RWT this is all a cost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm just speaking to a common mentality I see a lot of people take towards spending money in games. They want something lasting out of it, when what they're really (supposed to be) paying for is fun.

Even when you buy physical / digital copies of games, sure it's still sitting around somewhere lost and forgotten, but that's not why you spent money, you spent it to play and have fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryosuke
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Roanmarvel wrote:
I'm just speaking to a common mentality I see a lot of people take towards spending money in games.  They want something lasting out of it, when what they're really (supposed to be) paying for is fun.

Even when you buy physical / digital copies of games, sure it's still sitting around somewhere lost and forgotten, but that's not why you spent money, you spent it to play and have fun.

It is a little different imo. If you are buying a physical copy of an offline game, the game will still be there after you stopped playing. On the other hands, for any online game, a server shut down means you will have nothing left.

Anyway, my takes on spending money in Free-to-play game is that if you think the game is worth supporting, then go ahead and spend the money. Rather than considering how long your "investment" will last, you will feel better if consider it as a donation to keep the server running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm

^ This. I've spent far more than I ever thought I would on this game, but in some ways it was fun and without regrets. Having said that, I'm now keeping the spending to a minimum unless I see something I like and just want to have. However, you would most probably not see me spending a bucket load of money on card packs to get a 7* event unit and rank top 50. But never say never Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 pm

I guess it makes sense that if I like the game spending money wouldn't be considered a waste. (Like buying food you like!) But I sort of lean towards games being in my possession when paid for so I can go back to them another time. (I still go back to my old computer games on occasion - like the first Diablo.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Why should there be an end?some games are not working on this pay to win process, and are running for years now and have lots of members that plays it, i only see one way the fanta could lose members if they dont lower the prices for some 6*7* its just insane if i heard of someone spending 4500€ for one event O_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?   Today at 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down

How long do you think Fantasica servers will run for?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1