HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

4* Feeder Prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jofacha

PostSubject: 4* Feeder Prices   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Hey guys i wanted to know about what the current price is for 4* lvl 40 feeders
(they are my main source of te)

i sold 4 4* lvl 40 and 1 lvl 80 for 4te to a guy about a week ago

but now people are telling me for a set only goes for 1 te, 2 if im lucky
(just made a deal for 2 sets for 3 te)

im a bit lost at whether i made a decent deal or got robbed >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghent96

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:59 pm

I doubt they've dropped that much. Feeders used to go for 1 te each. Sometimes I see they still do. Set for 3-4 te. I refuse to believe they have dropped that much community-wide, as much effort as it takes to make them...

Then again, the way we make feeders loses a ton of XP and thus time. We should only make them to lv 27 or so. Past that you lose xp versus what you put in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jofacha

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

hrmm alright thank you :3

how much would you sell the lvl 27 for though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghent96

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 pm

I have struggled with this. I want to make a profit for my time, but it's roughly 1/3 the effort, half the xp, but faster time to market thus making the "hungry" consumer happier. If a lv 40 feeder is worth 1te, then the optimal lv 27 feeder I think should be 0.5 te. 2:1 or set of 5:2 probably, about like the value of Danu and Tartu (0.4te and 0.5 te respectively, which hasn't seemed to change in 6-8 months, so a reliable and consistent benchmark), although a feeder gives much more xp than a goddess, until very high levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jofacha

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:51 pm

aa alright now i see why some people are saying 2 te for a set
although now i know i lost a bit of profit @-@

but thank you so much for the clarification Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyetvalte
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:19 pm

This is essentially because there are low ballers out there and the number of dumb a**es willing to make a quick te sell to them is increasing as well. Scroll through the top player walls and you will see people posting "wtb god set 1te" or yeah, in your case "wtb 40 4*set 1te" and people actually fall for this demand. As more people learn that people are actually selling at these ridiculously low price, more and more people ask for ever lower prices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Yeah, sellers should stand their ground when selling their feeders. If anything, feeders are constantly in demand, so their price should rise instead of dropping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowTempest
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Spacebug wrote:
Yeah, sellers should stand their ground when selling their feeders. If anything, feeders are constantly in demand, so their price should rise instead of dropping.
Even if it's constantly in demand doesn't mean everyone needs it lol. Also don't forget the amount of TE is dropping due to events therefore the demand in TE is ever higher than the demand of Feeders. So you can see how the balance is going, half max 4* feeders have dropped from 4TE each to what it is now.

Also, don't forget the fact that people can level their units from events like this training event we have now. Ideally people would just hit King Arthur till high levels and then use goddesses to finish the rest of the levels.

The only real target to aim for is monster collectors and of the such, because there's no event that can really level monsters (Other than the Dragon Event we just had earlier on). And Monsters isn't really a everyone wants to have thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 pm

SnowTempest wrote:
Even if it's constantly in demand doesn't mean everyone needs it lol

I've never said everyone needs it? I don't understand why you brought that up. If something is in demand and the supply doesn't meet this demand, prices should get higher. Unless low ballers set prices and people fall for that.

SnowTempest wrote:
Also don't forget the amount of TE is dropping due to events therefore the demand in TE is ever higher than the demand of Feeders.

Sure, but the prices shouldn't drop, just because people can't afford higher prices. Te and pots can be bought with real money, so it's not like people can't buy te or pots. This is why I said people should stand their ground when selling their feeders. There are so many players willing to drop crazy amounts of real cash every event, they won't have a problem with spending a bit for feeders.

SnowTempest wrote:
Also, don't forget the fact that people can level their units from events like this training event we have now. Ideally people would just hit King Arthur till high levels and then use goddesses to finish the rest of the levels.

These players are simply not demanding feeders, it doesn't mean the feeder market is bad or anything. As far as I can see, demand >> supply at this moment.

SnowTempest wrote:
The only real target to aim for is monster collectors and of the such, because there's no event that can really level monsters (Other than the Dragon Event we just had earlier on). And Monsters isn't really a everyone wants to have thing.

Again, they are not the only market to offset your feeders. There are a bunch of units to level during an event (event units and target and headstart rewards) and after every event (rank rewards).

However, what I've noticed is that because maxed/mlb 5/6* prices are so absurdly low these days, people use cheap maxed/mlb 5/6* as feeders, since they are much more effective and easy to use than half maxed 4* feeders (no need to create space in your unit list by banking and all that stuff). But I predict that when the number of 5/6* feeders is heavily reduced, 4* feeders should become more expensive again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Spacebug wrote:
SnowTempest wrote:
Also don't forget the amount of TE is dropping due to events therefore the demand in TE is ever higher than the demand of Feeders.

Sure, but the prices shouldn't drop, just because people can't afford higher prices. Te and pots can be bought with real money, so it's not like people can't buy te or pots. This is why I said people should stand their ground when selling their feeders. There are so many players willing to drop crazy amounts of real cash every event, they won't have a problem with spending a bit for feeders.

Is there any proof that those who buy TE/pots are actually bringing them into the market? For all we know, the spenders may just be buying them just to burn them straight away in various events. Plus, most of the free players are preferring to not spend on this game, or test their chances with the limited amount on cards instead in the hopes of getting a high rarity card to sell for far more than what they spent to get it.

Spacebug wrote:
However, what I've noticed is that because maxed/mlb 5/6* prices are so absurdly low these days, people use cheap maxed/mlb 5/6* as feeders, since they are much more effective and easy to use than half maxed 4* feeders (no need to create space in your unit list by banking and all that stuff). But I predict that when the number of 5/6* feeders is heavily reduced, 4* feeders should become more expensive again.

I doubt it. I'm hearing a lot of people previously exploiting the alt accounts where they can get a lot of 4* cards for free....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Spacebug wrote:
SnowTempest wrote:

Is there any proof that those who buy TE/pots are actually bringing them into the market? For all we know, the spenders may just be buying them just to burn them straight away in various events. Plus, most of the free players are preferring to not spend on this game, or test their chances with the limited amount on cards instead in the hopes of getting a high rarity card to sell for far more than what they spent to get it.

Spacebug wrote:

I doubt it. I'm hearing a lot of people previously exploiting the alt accounts where they can get a lot of 4* cards for free....

*stalks Memphis and goes away*

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowTempest
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Spacebug wrote:

I've never said everyone needs it? I don't understand why you brought that up. If something is in demand and the supply doesn't meet this demand, prices should get higher. Unless low ballers set prices and people fall for that.

These players are simply not demanding feeders, it doesn't mean the feeder market is bad or anything. As far as I can see, demand >> supply at this moment.

Again, they are not the only market to offset your feeders. There are a bunch of units to level during an event (event units and target and headstart rewards) and after every event (rank rewards).

Okay, Let me rephrase that. Not 'everyone' but 'anyone' okay? There's plenty of events available to give your units enough exp. Some people even grind their own units to mlb levels. You only really need to use feeders if you want to max them immediately for say events like arena or guild war, but in this market, almost everything is about mlb or maxed. At least to what I can see, unless you pulled a card and want it maxed ASAP.

I semi agree with your second statement but lets think of this, if I want to spend money on TE/Pots, why would I spend it on feeders when a maxed 6* or 5* can be acquired by just adding a slightly bit more. Or, preferably the idea is to save your TE/pots for events or 6*s/7*s and such not really spending onto feeders. Personally I'm saving up all my TE/Pots myself, and I assume other people would be doing something somewhat similar. People low on TE/Pots would be more tight on their resources naturally and people with heaps would probably have all their units ready.

Sadly this market is run by plenty of people, and there's always someone ready to tip the balance on things when you think it's stable lol. I just sit here and just look at the prices of some of my cards drop '-' There's plenty of TE hungry people out there, and there's just not much we can do .3.'

If 4*s do somehow go back up in price. I'll just continue buying 3*s since they just offer a so much better exp to TE ratio lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyetvalte
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:56 pm

If you will observe, those willing to sell down their "products" are the struggling new players trying to earn "good" cards which would be in the range of 25-30 TEs. By now, most of them may have experienced attempting to sell their "cheap" 6*s and be turned down because the card was not acceptable to the seller. Just to drive the point, I was trying to trade for a baldo yesterday. I was offering for trade carmilla+patate6 which was 5-10 TE value over baldos offered sale price yesterday. 4-5 people turned down the trade because they did not like patate6. While yes, it is the sellers prerogative to choose which card they find acceptable, our bias against these "cheap" 6*s, which are the only ones new players can afford to buy and trade, is also fueling the downward spiral in prices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 pm

IMO before most people bought 4* feeders to boost their monsters, but since the release of Enurta, no one really needs them anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghent96

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Enurta is too rare, gives +4 levels, and is worth at least 1 te each. Enurta cannot replace feeders at lower monster levels. Grinding training; however, can produce a fairly good monster feeder stock by one's self. If a player is rich and needs to focus on the events to continue ranking, then they may choose not to 'waste' time on grinding training... thus, they need to buy feeders.

Economically, in this game, high rankers and spenders gain most of the 6/7* cards as fresh cards from packs. They may save some for training events like King Arthur, but often they just sell them off to mid-level players who level and flip the cards for profit to lower level players and free players. The TE flows upward at this point... however, low level players and free players are often content to grind away making feeders and sell them "up" to the midlevel and ranking spenders, who basically always need feeders. If goddesses are cheaper, they'll use goddesses. If feeders are cheaper, they'll use feeders. It's all about how much EXP you can get into a card, how fast, how cheap.

It's _in-sane_ to use 5/6* as feeders. Their market value exceeds the value of the xp they contain as a feeder. We can prove this mathematically by looking at EXP amounts needed to level cards, and the gain/loss of EXP at certain levels. Like I said above - what makes the most sense is only taking feeders to a certain max level based on the EXP gain they provide versus what you've sacrificed putting into them (with all enhance boosts included): 2* lv 8; 3* lv 18; 4* lv 27; 5* about lv 40... i haven't calculated 6*. If someone asks me to make a max 4* or mlb 4* feeder for only 1 te, I'm going to laugh at them. They're idiots. #1 to waste ambro on anything less than a 6*, #2 to waste all that EXP vs using a little extra luna. Luna is more readily available than EXP and cards and TE; hence why it's not an accepted trading currency, and TE/pots are.

I still think a 4* lv 40 card must = 1 te in price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:33 am

^ it's not that insane to use a mlb 6* as a feeder. It IS insane to consciously make mlb 5/6* feeders, due to the high cost and extreme EXP loss.

But to put the EXP in perspective: the EXP of a mlb 6* = 11.27 times the EXP of a 4* lv 40. If a 4* lv 40 costs 1 te and you can find dirt cheap mlb 6* for around 11 te, then the mlb 6* feeder is just around the same price, but far easier to use. You can find these dirty cheap mlb 6* in wall auctions, especially when Fanta had not been generous with rewarding tradable te/pots for an extended period of time. I've seen mlb Skuld going for 9 and 10 and I got a Patate 6* for 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
handslikehouses

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:57 am

I've got a question somewhat similar to this.
Are god sets any different from 4* feeder sets? Do they contain the same amount of cards and cost the same/lower?
Sorry, I'm pretty new to the game, so it's not really clear to me as what god sets are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shure
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:52 pm

handslikehouses wrote:
I've got a question somewhat similar to this.
Are god sets any different from 4* feeder sets? Do they contain the same amount of cards and cost the same/lower?
Sorry, I'm pretty new to the game, so it's not really clear to me as what god sets are.

Yes, set of something is always 5, no matter what it is. God sets are just 5 cards of Anu/Danu/Taru/Enurta. Epona is also goddess, but no one buys her ( except for Leana points ) because she gives no exp.
As for cost, it depends. They're usually 2TE per set, but may be hard to sell unless you find someone who needs them at the moment. 4* feeders at lvl 40 was 1TE per card, but I personally sel 2 for 1TE, because selling them 1:1 is kinda hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4* Feeder Prices   Today at 1:50 am

Back to top Go down

4* Feeder Prices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1