HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:41 am

We have received word from a scammer (timerollers, see screenshots below) that there is a scam site dedicated to scamming virtual goods. We would like to encourage the players who have seen such sites to inform us of their existence and their URL so more players will not be scammed of their cards.

P.S: I believe its not easily found by google, but most likely a group in a social network.

It is advised to give equal collateral to your cards that are valuable to you in album trades and album with the players that you really trust.

It was already guessed that there was an 'organisation' dedicated to scamming cards in Fantasica so this is no surprise there.

Also, this 'organisation' that the scammer mentioned has also said that the 'organisation' is responsible for the hackings since the beginning of January.

To prevent your account from being hacked, please delete all suspicious email claiming to be from the Fantasica staff, real emails from Mobage or official staff will never ask you for your account details.

If you have received such emails, do inform any moderator. Also, ignore all threats made by these emails (if any) as any hacks to your account/Fantasica can be taken directly to Mobage and Mobage will have to take action. (Like what happened to Transformers Legend, where players hacked the system)

Thank you for reading this thread.

-KuroStar- (Trade Moderator)

Official email: fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp

If you need any help from Mobage, click here

EDIT: I will send a ticket to Mobage about the hackings and will post their official emails.

What are you looking at? Razz

Last edited by KuroStar on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:41 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by KuroStar on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:41 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
M60A1
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:19 am

A organization full with scammers... Hhhmmmm....
I give it about a month or so before they start
scamming each other.

In any case, good find! I'll keep on a look-out
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:38 am

Also, before Kuro or timerollers get ripped apart:

I've been going after scammers for a very long time and there's a certain pattern and it was already assumed for ages that there's a scammerring and that scammers organisate each other.

Before someone uses the arguement: "Why should scammers use so much effort to make a website somewhere or what you're trying to imply?" It's easy: Out of the scammed Units they can make money. They just sell them on Neoseeker + the recent hackings of accs, which is TRUE btw. They just wait a bit and probably try to sell the scammed Units on certain websites for money and they can get 1k+ with some Units, if not even more...

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:18 am

LuziMiazawa wrote:
Also, before Kuro or timerollers get ripped apart:

I've been going after scammers for a very long time and there's a certain pattern and it was already assumed for ages that there's a scammerring and that scammers organisate each other.

Before someone uses the arguement: "Why should scammers use so much effort to make a website somewhere or what you're trying to imply?" It's easy: Out of the scammed Units they can make money. They just sell them on Neoseeker + the recent hackings of accs, which is TRUE btw. They just wait a bit and probably try to sell the scammed Units on certain websites for money and they can get 1k+ with some Units, if not even more...

Lol, how would i get ripped off. Anyways, another person has just been hacked.( haotianxu , ID: 101016912)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 am

Also I suggest extreme caution with Neoseeker. There are multiple fake accounts used to add possitive feedback on selling threads for even MONTHS before the scammer shows its real face. He then under the false positive feedbacks gains the thrust of ppl and scams them afterwards. Some scammer had like 10 positive "bumps" on his page, but after some checking of those accounts that gave the feedback all were created withing few hour difference, but posted the feedback always like a few days between eachother. Each of those fake accounts were online only once with one post in that particular thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:16 am

loniguseze wrote:
Also I suggest extreme caution with Neoseeker. There are multiple fake accounts used to add possitive feedback on selling threads for even MONTHS before the scammer shows its real face. He then under the false positive feedbacks gains the thrust of ppl and scams them afterwards. Some scammer had like 10 positive "bumps" on his page, but after some checking of those accounts that gave the feedback all were created withing few hour difference, but posted the feedback always like a few days between eachother. Each of those fake accounts were online only once with one post in that particular thread.

Not just that, the one that just got hacked also got a neoseeker account that wasn't his at all and his KIK wasn't the one posted on neoseeker as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:21 am

but how can they hack an account? I mean wtf? Do ppl really write down their passwords? And what about facebook logins? o_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:26 am

loniguseze wrote:
but how can they hack an account? I mean wtf? Do ppl really write down their passwords? And what about facebook logins? o_o

I got no idea, perhaps they used the same technique like what they did to Transformers Legend.

Besides, I am noticing the trend of the hacked accounts are on Android Devices, not sure about iOS but I guess its about time.

What we notice is that these players are getting green backgrounds before they were hacked (and unfortunately, some players have this problem) :/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:49 am

KuroStar wrote:
loniguseze wrote:

I got no idea, perhaps they used the same technique like what they did to Transformers Legend.

Besides, I am noticing the trend of the hacked accounts are on Android Devices, not sure about iOS but I guess its about time.

What we notice is that these players are getting green backgrounds before they were hacked (and unfortunately, some players have this problem)  :/

Interesting. What did happen to Transformers Legend? Is there some article about it?

Also then imo simply using the facebook as login is way safer since facebook can be binded with mobile code confirmation always when logging from a different IP or PC. The hacker would first need to get hold of the FB password or change which is impossible without the mobile code confirmation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:54 pm

loniguseze wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
loniguseze wrote:

What we notice is that these players are getting green backgrounds before they were hacked (and unfortunately, some players have this problem)  :/

Interesting. What did happen to Transformers Legend? Is there some article about it?

Also then imo simply using the facebook as login is way safer since facebook can be binded with mobile code confirmation always when logging from a different IP or PC. The hacker would first need to get hold of the FB password or change which is impossible without the mobile code confirmation.

http://blog.transformers-legends.com/post/74782320787/hello-transformers-legends-players-a-few-weeks

Not completely sure of the details but mobage actually posted their conclusion of the hacks, caused a big rage from the community though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Kuro the transformers hack had nothing to do with hacking accounts. Ppl found a way to manipulate the space bridge pulls which would be the same as say manipulating card pulls to only pull 6*+. This apparently was done by modifying the local data on their device to lock the bridge at a high pull tier.

What basically happened is since TF is a card battle game and runs events where your points are based on damage you deal to event bosses or in the case of pvp events win streaks beating other players. Event units get stat multipliers for battles. Higher rarity higher multiplier. The people using that exploit loaded their teams with 9 super high rarity units giving them a massively unfair advantage in ranking.

Last edited by UkyoSonoda on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Okay, there's a possiblity to hack Fantasica. Transformer Legends in the best example:

The Mobage Servers are in the end what is truly hacked. You have to hack through the Mobage servers to hack one of the games and that's what the ppl probably did. All victims haven't had their accs connected to FB. No one knew their password. I saw at least 15 ppl claiming to be hacked and I don't think that all of them would be lying or something like that.

Mobage even kind of admitted in some mails that there is the possibility, BUT even if they know who it was, they won't tell the victims.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Actually none of the hack on TF went through the mobage server. The issue was modifying their local data and mobage not having measures in place to check for it.

One thing to mention though is that there was a false page on FB claiming to give away free mobage coins by doing things listed in the posts. Most were signing up (through FB) on a music site and voting for a song.

One last thing to mention is I believe mobage login actually lacks a countermeasure to brute force programs that will just cycle the password input for login attempts until it gets it right. If so that would probably be the cause of the supposed account hacking which again doesn't involve actually hacking mobage's servers.

Also on a side note. In regards to the people who were hacked. Were they leading a 7* unit or expensive rare 6*?

On a final note in regards to emails from the fantasica staff. I personally have never recieved an email from them unless it was in response to a ticket I sent to them first and their response would contain the email I sent that they were responding to.

Last edited by UkyoSonoda on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm

LuziMiazawa wrote:
Okay, there's a possiblity to hack Fantasica. Transformer Legends in the best example:

The Mobage Servers are in the end what is truly hacked. You have to hack through the Mobage servers to hack one of the games and that's what the ppl probably did. All victims haven't had their accs connected to FB. No one knew their password. I saw at least 15 ppl claiming to be hacked and I don't think that all of them would be lying or something like that.

Mobage even kind of admitted in some mails that there is the possibility, BUT even if they know who it was, they won't tell the victims.

This isn't how these types of hacks work. I'm pretty confident assuming the Moba servers were completely untouched.

It's exploiting the client-server model by modifying the client (which sits on your device and you have lots of time to tinker with if you are so inclined). They found an area where the server wasn't properly authenticating what was being sent from the client (which they changed).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:12 am

Roanmarvel wrote:
LuziMiazawa wrote:

This isn't how these types of hacks work.  I'm pretty confident assuming the Moba servers were completely untouched.

It's exploiting the client-server model by modifying the client (which sits on your device and you have lots of time to tinker with if you are so inclined).  They found an area where the server wasn't properly authenticating what was being sent from the client (which they changed).

Maybe its better not to connect to facebook...

Sometimes, I think the players who are 'hacked' must have slept when playing and somehow hit 'Sell' on their units.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 am

Email added

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Updated

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players   Today at 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down

An Important Reminder To All Fantasica Players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1