HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:54 pm

I miss the time when they gave out tradable TE and pot... during events in 2012.... *CRIES

Spoiler:
 

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
paveljevs
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-18
Posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:43 am

I think the main problem of Fanta is the absence of any meaningful card sink mechanism. It leads to overabundance of cards which quickly lowers their value. Devs aren't really trying to fight this and instead utilize steady power creep to keep paying players motivated. Recent trend of reprinting LE and 7* only worsened the situation.

I keep hearing that it is players' fault to sell and buy low, but there's really no escaping market crash with constant supply of stronger and easily accessible cards Fanta offers. In my opinion Fantasitrade did more good than harm, amount of traders using it is large enough for the prices to be fairly close to actual values set by supply/demand ratios, and I'm sure there're way more people being tricked into bad deals without using FT than those falling victims to price manipulations on the website.

P.S. On a side note - forgot to update link to forum shop in my sig ... Should be correct now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-20
Posts : 564

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:17 am

Agree with Pavel.

Imo auctioning is the best indicator of real price, and the best way to get rid of stuff fast, specially when you get at least 2 bidders really interested on the card more than in making a profit from it. This means facing the truth and risk. But hey, if like something justk eep it.

What fantasitrade has done to fanta is an acceleration of market values (aka crash in fantasica, because nothing actually gains value with time except the fluctuation of Pot:TE), something that other games have "per se" because they feature a bazaar system, whose tactic is based on undercutting each others price to sell easier (and fanta doesn't feature that kind of system). Now it's happening.


But yes after more than a year playing, all what I can say regarding the market, is it only has one direction:



And the crash is natural, that kind of website only made more evident what is the offer and demand of certain units. There is an actual flood of 6* what lead to their own crash, fantasitrade accelerated it. With more and more 7* being pulled, some players already oversee those 7* that are not as good (a while ago a 7* was good just by their own status). What is happening to 7* happened before, when 6* went from being ultra rare to become the standard, and also happened to 5* before that. Only need to think that a PC for a 5* a year and a half ago was the same of a cheap 7* nowadays.
  
 pig 

My advise would be hoard TE like crazy and don't be attached to units. They will only drop.

PS: Funny how when we veteran ol' players started, the idea of getting a 6* was unachievable for some of us (free players mostly). Now with the free 4TE you get starting a game almost you can already go and buy one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:29 pm

My problem with FTrade is I don't think there are enough mechanisms to protect people from other people who don't own a card faking prices. For example: I want to buy a currently expensive card. I decide to make a fake posting selling the unit at 30 percent less than it's worth (we won't debate what worth means, for the sake of the example the current "market price"). I have a friend come up with a similar posting so people think that the card is tanking. This causes people to become sheep and start fire sale-ing the card for 40 percent less than the base price. When someone tries to OT and buy the card I don't currently have I say something like "Oh, sorry the card is tradelocked."

I have seen this happen quite a few times. Crap like this and rigged auctions make me care less about fanta. You can compete and sell and do everything you can to get cards but there will always be a group of more organized people manipulating the market f*cking you over. It just kind of reminds me of starving people fighting over who gets to nom the meaty part of a dried up old carcass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paveljevs
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-18
Posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:00 am

aubade888 wrote:
My problem with FTrade is I don't think there are enough mechanisms to protect people from other people who don't own a card faking prices. For example: I want to buy a currently expensive card. I decide to make a fake posting selling the unit at 30 percent less than it's worth (we won't debate what worth means, for the sake of the example the current "market price"). I have a friend come up with a similar posting so people think that the card is tanking. This causes people to become sheep and start fire sale-ing the card for 40 percent less than the base price. When someone tries to OT and buy the card I don't currently have I say something like "Oh, sorry the card is tradelocked."

I have seen this happen quite a few times. Crap like this and rigged auctions make me care less about fanta. You can compete and sell and do everything you can to get cards but there will always be a group of more organized people manipulating the market f*cking you over. It just kind of reminds me of starving people fighting over who gets to nom the meaty part of a dried up old carcass.

Personally I have not seen the scheme you're talking about too often, maybe once a month something like this pops up, and if it differs from established price range significantly the fake is quickly found out and players responsible are blacklisted by most active traders. If you fall victim to such actions too easily you're probably not fit to be a successful merchant, same way less knowledgeable people fall victim to ingame lowballs supported by lowballer's allies.

There's no way for a website independant from the game itself to come up with any kind of mechanism to prove that sellers actually have the cards listed in their shops. Going further, whole FT business may be called external trading grounds violating EULA and bannable offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-31
Posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:45 pm

paveljevs wrote:
Recent trend of reprinting LE and 7* only worsened the situation.

What LE's were reprinted?

paveljevs wrote:
Personally I have not seen the scheme you're talking about too often, maybe once a month something like this pops up, and if it differs from established price range significantly the fake is quickly found out and players responsible are blacklisted by most active traders. If you fall victim to such actions too easily you're probably not fit to be a successful merchant, same way less knowledgeable people fall victim to ingame lowballs supported by lowballer's allies.

There was exactly 2 that I am aware of firsthand during Edea re-release. The poster immediately placed a "sold" listing on ftrade for Edea at 450 in the first few days. No one knew who he traded with and no one bought from him according to walls and allies. He was just trying to game the system.

And as you said, he was called out, reported, blacklisted, and his credibility was decimated (you'd think I'd remember who this was!)

Anyway, absurdly high prices won't sell and will be undercut by those in the know outside of the listing. Those that list too low will surely see the listing snatched up quickly and it will be gone when people go to the lister.

But posting a "sold" when it's not actually sold for a significantly valued unit will always spawn suspicion and an investigation from some active players.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
paveljevs
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-18
Posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 am

xfalconhunterx wrote:
paveljevs wrote:
Recent trend of reprinting LE and 7* only worsened the situation.

What LE's were reprinted?

I mostly referred to series pack reprints bundled together (series pulls are considered LE by majority of people), but if we talk LE rewards - Vampiress monster was reprinted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EverCheYoung



Join date : 2012-11-17
Posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:48 am

They reprinted an LE reward? I thought they'd never do something like that. When did this happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:14 am

EverCheYoung wrote:
They reprinted an LE reward? I thought they'd never do something like that. When did this happen?

The Fortune Packs , I believe...or another similar pack to Fortune Packs.

Besides, Japan alrd reprinted Lana 7* as a rank reward in a recent event. No surprise there...

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghent96



Join date : 2014-02-02
Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Swansonronald wrote:
...The problem is that the people with te (myself included) aren't really buying anything...

Go buy feeders from hard-working newbs trying to earn te to buy your 5/6/7's Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)   Today at 9:33 am

Back to top Go down
 
My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» My problem with some ppl + Fantasitrade(Not excatly Fantasitrade)
» possible 4l60e problem?
» I need some help with a Nerf problem..
» power transformer problem - help?
» Don Juan Rehearsal...What's really the problem here?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: