HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Guild War question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rulis

PostSubject: Guild War question   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm

I stopped playing since a little before the first GW and I just recently came back so I have a few questions about the event that I ask some charitable soul to help me with.

-First, how important is it to have an event 4*? for example should I cripple my team ( see lineup) in order to get a 20 dc one for the bonuses?

-How does the basic mecanics work? You use TP points to attack and get points according to that? what happens if you don't show up, or show up during the fight but leave halway? how many times  a day and what times does the battle happen?

-And Lastly is my lineup good enough to aim for a 6* with a decent guild?

Alvida 6* mlb 30dc
Epimeleia 6* mlb 20 dc
Petra 6* 120/140 20 dc (will level with gods if accepted into good guild)
Chevalier6 * 120/120 (will level break to 130ish if accepted)25 dc
maddy 5* mlb 10 dc
tanith or fawn as filler lvl 80

ty for all ur help in advance

edit:

I just saw that the limit is 200dc and not 120 so its worth noting that I have also a

Matahari 136/140
mSleipnir U
mIgnat

So I dunno wich to put where.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Event units add a huge amount of GP to castle hits. A 4* with the rest 6*s will easily hit the 42-45K mark where as you get 30K some odd without.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:10 pm

rulis wrote:
I stopped playing since a little before the first GW and I just recently came back so I have a few questions about the event that I ask some charitable soul to help me with.

-First, how important is it to have an event 4*? for example should I cripple my team ( see lineup) in order to get a 20 dc one for the bonuses?
Yes, its almost mandatory to have an event card somewhere in your lineup as they give a massive bonus to GP when attacking the enemy base. Note that this bonus applies ONLY when attacking the base when the event 4* is one of the 5 units attacking. It does not apply when your attacking enemy units, using the cannon, or attacking the base without your event card.

EDIT: Basically what Ukyo said above

rulis wrote:
-How does the basic mecanics work? You use TP points to attack and get points according to that? what happens if you don't show up, or show up during the fight but leave halway? how many times  a day and what times does the battle happen?
Yeah, you just use your AP and get BT from attacking. The wiki for GW3 gives a pretty good explanation of the mechanics of GW. The battle schedule is on there too (theres 5 battles each day, with each battle being one hour long).

If you don't show up, your units don't heal from defending and you don't attack, meaning you don't gain GP or contribute to helping your guild win the battle. Leaving halfway is the same, as you will stop doing pretty much anything once you leave. It doesn't take away anything you've already done so far, though.

rulis wrote:
-And Lastly is my lineup good enough to aim for a 6* with a decent guild?

Alvida 6* mlb 30dc
Epimeleia 6* mlb 20 dc
Petra 6* 120/140 20 dc (will level with gods if accepted into good guild)
Chevalier6 * 120/120 (will level break to 130ish if accepted)25 dc
maddy 5* mlb 10 dc
tanith or fawn as filler lvl 80

ty for all ur help in advance

edit:

I just saw that the limit is 200dc and not 120 so its worth noting that I have also a

Matahari 136/140
mSleipnir U
mIgnat

So I dunno wich to put where.
A decent guild can get the 6* easily (you have to win 23 out of 35 battles for the 6*). Activity is probably the most important factor, here. A guild with all 9 members constantly active each battle can easily get the 6*.

And since you didn't really know the basics yet, I didn't go over your team. There's a lot in GW (compared to other events).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Guild Wars is up to 10 units btw.  You select 5 for Defense and 5 for Attack generally.  And you can swap units between defense / attack during a battle.

Everything else is covered already, but keep in mind that if you don't log into the battle screen, you're team won't even be there to defend, so even token participation is somewhat useful (not that it's hard to knock out an AFK defender).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Actually you will show up in the battle screen if you deploy beforehand. If you haven't deployed and join the battle it assigns you somewhat randomly to a deployment slot. It's always encouraged to deploy yourself even if you are going to miss that battle. Just make sure to set your strongest units on defense if thats the case.

Or troll with 5 MLB alexanders in the back row... >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakuruchi

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:03 pm

@Ukyo : That sounds like a good suggestion to try someday. Especially with MLB Alex price cratering lately Razz Imagine the horror of seeing 5 alexanders!

Team looks decent, btw. Alvida is not too bad for a cheap tank. Keep in mind that she and Chev have same range so they'll both be in the front row though.

And yeah, event unit matters a lot for punching bases. That could mean a difference of 10k+ damage to base with your team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyzaj

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:46 pm

does even a level 1 event 4* unit do more GP than a MLB 6* ? (won't do it just to know if it is based on damage or not)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Vyzaj wrote:
does even a level 1 event 4* unit do more GP than a MLB 6* ? (won't do it just to know if it is based on damage or not)

Yes. Hitting a base with 5 MLB 6*'s will probably net you around 32-35K GP in the front row. Hitting with 4 MLB 6*'s + 1 LV 1 4* event unit will net you around 42-43K GP front row. Small variance dependant on the 6*'s used. Either way you still gain more GP per base hit with the event unit regardless of level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild War question   Today at 6:54 am

Back to top Go down

Guild War question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1