HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abraxan



Join date : 2014-01-06
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 am

Hi, I just started some weeks ago with fantasica and like the ingame trading and analysis of currency. So I checked fantasitrade for the price of some 6* cards and noticed that some 6* are more (incredible) expensive than others (I don't mention the gifts 6* like Mina) E.g. Reinhard is only 15 te worth the next step is about 50 te for Victoire < Evangeline 100 te<700 te for Rain with low stats.
1. Compared to Monica with really good stats and quite cheap,  these cards like Victoire,... just seem overpriced to me or is this somehow justified?
2. And what do you suggest for me as a new player to look for?
3. Can I compete in some Events with cheap 6 stars, so ranking about top 1000?


Last edited by Abraxan on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-17
Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:24 am

Hi there. There's a question thread around, but i'll awnser these as best as i can.

1: Stats aren't the only thing that affect card prices. On your example, Monica has better stats than Victoire, but Victoire has B speed while Monica has D speed, so Vic will strike more often. Additionally, she has an Arena Skill, Tripple Attack, which will allow her to do more damage on Arena Events. Remember that Art & Rarity also influence a card's worth.

2: There are many 6* around, yet you have to consider 3 things while choosing them: type, skills and art (you'll be using them a lot, so pick something you like or you'll get quickly bored). My suggestion of a cheap stable trio would be Manafred, Monica and Clarissa, but these are according to my personal taste, so they might not be your best choice.

3: Ranking on top 1000 is easy on most events if you are heavily present from start to finish.Some, like Gift Events, are harder. From 700 to the top though, you'll not get close unless you know how to play the event AND also use resources such as Pots(P)/TE(P) or Fanta Points, of which the latter costs real money (the free variant is Fanta coins, which aren't that abundant, but still present).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-09-20
Posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 am

One other thing also are event reward 6*'s from early events before 7* rarity was added. Many of these have extremely limited quantities which cause their price to stay high as a few of these are actually rarer than most 7*s/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abraxan



Join date : 2014-01-06
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 am

THX for the tips. If I ever make it to the top 1000, I'll write a guide how to as a new player :-) Yesterday I decided to go for my first six stars, had the decision wheter to save for Evangeline or buy Lusoria and Closer for 40 te. Did the latter, hope I didn't make a mistake. If i think about it Evangeline looks so ***blink blink***, sh*t I made a mistake ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PangCY
☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-18
Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 am

just some correction on Vaati post:

stats do matter. speed of unit is part of stats Razz yes, unit with arena skill will always a plus to the card.

art, no doubt, Petra vs vDiana, which art do you prefer? ;p

rarity, you can read this topic. it is about LE (series, event reward unit) vs non LE (standard card pack), amount in card pool (such as Freyja)


anyway, i would say there are alot 6* around, just pick some as good starter. just like what you mentioned on Closer, Lusoria. once you get 1st 6*, it will help you to in event greatly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 am

Abraxan wrote:
THX for the tips. If I ever make it to the top 1000, I'll write a guide how to as a new player :-) Yesterday I decided to go for my first six stars, had the decision wheter to save for Evangeline or buy Lusoria and Closer for 40 te. Did the latter, hope I didn't make a mistake. If i think about it Evangeline looks so ***blink blink***, sh*t I made a mistake ....

Well... you can always try, though we alrd do have a guide here. We don't mind an extra one at the Fantasica Enyclopedia Smile It will really help especially with this 'Great Depression'.

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-12-18
Posts : 596

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Vaati wrote:
3: Ranking on top 1000 is easy on most events if you are heavily present from start to finish.Some, like Gift Events, are harder. From 700 to the top though, you'll not get close unless you know how to play the event AND also use resources such as Pots(P)/TE(P) or Fanta Points, of which the latter costs real money (the free variant is Fanta coins, which aren't that abundant, but still present).

Easy being a relative term for free players. I believe it would require a time commitment of something like 8+ hours a day depending on the event. The highest I've gotten was ~1500 for Night of Wonder when I had some time off work and averaged maybe 6 hours a day?

Then again, I'm still learning the ropes, so there's probably some strategy I could take advantage of next time to rank higher without spending more time (also now that I think about it, Night of Wonder I was handicapped from only being able to grind 25-3, so 'lost' 15% of possible BT points).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abraxan



Join date : 2014-01-06
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Roanmarvel wrote:
The highest I've gotten was ~1500 for Night of Wonder...

I hear a challenge, challenge accepted: Top 1000, who's going to make it first, hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-09-20
Posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:01 pm

My highest rank in a solo event was something like 391. Didn't spend at all and had 0 6* units at the start of that event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-12-18
Posts : 596

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm

I heard a rumor that 4 million BT was enough to get into the top 300 for Night of Wonder, and quite a few free players did that to get Belfort.

But I personally don't have that much time to grind (nor do I think I would anyways, but who knows).


Last edited by Roanmarvel on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-09
Posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Roanmarvel wrote:
I heard a rumor that 4 million BT was enough to get into the top 300 for Night of Wonder, and quite a few free players did that to get Bethune.

But I personally don't have that much time to grind (nor do I think I would anyways, but who knows).
Not many people do. That 4 million BT would have taken around 18 hours a day for a free player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-09-20
Posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Amasuro wrote:
Roanmarvel wrote:
I heard a rumor that 4 million BT was enough to get into the top 300 for Night of Wonder, and quite a few free players did that to get Bethune.

But I personally don't have that much time to grind (nor do I think I would anyways, but who knows).
Not many people do. That 4 million BT would have taken around 18 hours a day for a free player.

It was something like an average of 18.5 hours a day grinding quests. And that was provided you weren't losing any time in between quests from lag, spacing out, etc. I was actually on track for it up till around the 2mil BT mark when I lost an entire day of grinding due to having to go all the way out to my parents house to help pack up and clear out a room because my younger brother who lives with them and has been mooching off them since graduating highschool with no job or college couldn't be bothered getting off his ass to do it and they just let him get away with everything and anything... -.-

Needless to say after that I kinda said meh to continuing with the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakuruchi



Join date : 2013-11-04
Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:54 pm

As for the prices of the units you mentioned, it's more about rarity of the cards in question. Evangeline and Rain are no longer printed and there are limited stocks of them, while Rainhard is available on standard card packs, which means there are more supply.

LE (Limited Edition) units such as Evangeline and Rain are more expensive than cards in standard card pack due to limited supply. Even among LE, there are major difference in price. Generally the older ones ones (like UkyoSonoda said, before 7*) are much more expensive since there are fewer of them. And yeah, art matters a lot too. Sagrado for example, goes cheap-ish because his art looks ugly Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-09-20
Posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:48 am

Gideon stat wise is actually a pretty good unit IMO but he's really cheap because he's not a cute girl with giant boobs. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakuruchi



Join date : 2013-11-04
Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:30 am

And he's not a bishounen either. That factor's the only explanation I can think of for Washi's unnatural high price Razz I know he's a 20 DC backstab, but D speed and that low stat doesn't equate to 30+te prices..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abraxan



Join date : 2014-01-06
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:09 am

UkyoSonoda wrote:


It was something like an average of 18.5 hours a day grinding quests. And that was provided you weren't losing any time in between quests from lag, spacing out, etc. I was actually on track for it up till around the 2mil BT mark when I lost an entire day of grinding...

Respect that you survived the grinding :-) I mean 18.5 hours means only 5.5 hours of sleeping time, did you prepared a stock of pizza to beat your hunger? At least grats that you beat Hunger games somehow :-)

Compared to the incoming guild wars with ~6 hours/day, it seems doable (if i had some vacation :-()
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outlawauron



Join date : 2013-10-31
Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Roanmarvel wrote:
I heard a rumor that 4 million BT was enough to get into the top 300 for Night of Wonder, and quite a few free players did that to get Belfort.

But I personally don't have that much time to grind (nor do I think I would anyways, but who knows).

I had the second lowest 4 million+ score in the event. 472 people got Belfort. I was 471.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRain7



Join date : 2013-06-14
Posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:31 am

the thing about Rain... is that she was 300,000 bt reward in battle arena.

Unlike night of wonder panel crap... bt points in battle arena are a LOT harder to come by. You only get bt via battle, and you need tickets for battles, AND... you only get tickets from buying packs.

Not only was it pay-to-participate, you had to have actual good cards because you need to win several battles consecutively to get any decent bt... or else you get a laughably small amount, or even fudge ZERO if you lose in survival.

But yeah... I don't know the exact amout of Rains in the game, but I remember even the top 10 were not very far above 300,000... so we know there are very few in existence.

(even more stupid is that in original Japanese version, Rain is a regular pullable so she was meant to be just a common card!!! Not some kind of epic rare with epic stats... although to be fair she was the best 20dc for a while)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paveljevs
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-18
Posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:54 am

If I remember right there should be about 20 Rains, definitely not more than 25, and several are probably lost with people who quit by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 pm

TheRain7 wrote:
the thing about Rain... is that she was 300,000 bt reward in battle arena.

Unlike night of wonder panel crap... bt points in battle arena are a LOT harder to come by. You only get bt via battle, and you need tickets for battles, AND... you only get tickets from buying packs.

Not only was it pay-to-participate, you had to have actual good cards because you need to win several battles consecutively to get any decent bt... or else you get a laughably small amount, or even fudge ZERO if you lose in survival.

But yeah... I don't know the exact amout of Rains in the game, but I remember even the top 10 were not very far above 300,000... so we know there are very few in existence.

(even more stupid is that in original Japanese version, Rain is a regular pullable so she was meant to be just a common card!!! Not some kind of epic rare with epic stats... although to be fair she was the best 20dc for a while)

Could've sworn Rain was the rank reward for that and only the top 25 got her, meaning that there are only 20 of her.

I think some people here are missing the point. 6* price is based first on rarity & art.
Rain/Minerva/Fenrir/Arcadia/Loki/Diana, all have huge prices because there are so little of them in circulation and because they look cool. The reason stats dont matter as much is because you have units like Princess Gloria who have abysmal stats but is probably the most expensive 6* there is. I'd say second most expensive would either be Georgois/Diana or Ellen. All three of them have useable stats though.

Rank Rewards will always be worth more than any other cards in the game statistically. Then there are other event rewards, like BT point rewards. There are more of them in circulation, they usually have worse art. BUT they are never printed again like the rank rewards, which helps their price.

Third are Series card packs, which have been reprined 2-3 times, but are technically limited edition.

After these three tiers, stats do determine price. Reinhard was one of the classic 6*s, so there are millions of them. Yet he's worth more than Myro/Cosmos, who were added to the packs later, because his arena hp is so high and he's pretty fast as well. Units like Phileas are worth more than Gideon because she has better stats and art. The cheapest 6*, Alexander, has terrible stats art and is a classic 6*.

_________________


Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-09-20
Posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 pm

predator852 wrote:
TheRain7 wrote:
the thing about Rain... is that she was 300,000 bt reward in battle arena.

Unlike night of wonder panel crap... bt points in battle arena are a LOT harder to come by. You only get bt via battle, and you need tickets for battles, AND... you only get tickets from buying packs.

Not only was it pay-to-participate, you had to have actual good cards because you need to win several battles consecutively to get any decent bt... or else you get a laughably small amount, or even fudge ZERO if you lose in survival.

But yeah... I don't know the exact amout of Rains in the game, but I remember even the top 10 were not very far above 300,000... so we know there are very few in existence.

(even more stupid is that in original Japanese version, Rain is a regular pullable so she was meant to be just a common card!!! Not some kind of epic rare with epic stats... although to be fair she was the best 20dc for a while)

Could've sworn Rain was the rank reward for that and only the top 25 got her, meaning that there are only 20 of her.

I think some people here are missing the point. 6* price is based first on rarity & art.
Rain/Minerva/Fenrir/Arcadia/Loki/Diana, all have huge prices because there are so little of them in circulation and because they look cool. The reason stats dont matter as much is because you have units like Princess Gloria who have abysmal stats but is probably the most expensive 6* there is. I'd say second most expensive would either be Georgois/Diana or Ellen. All three of them have useable stats though.

Rank Rewards will always be worth more than any other cards in the game statistically. Then there are other event rewards, like BT point rewards. There are more of them in circulation, they usually have worse art. BUT they are never printed again like the rank rewards, which helps their price.

Third are Series card packs, which have been reprined 2-3 times, but are technically limited edition.

After these three tiers, stats do determine price. Reinhard was one of the classic 6*s, so there are millions of them. Yet he's worth more than Myro/Cosmos, who were added to the packs later, because his arena hp is so high and he's pretty fast as well. Units like Phileas are worth more than Gideon because she has better stats and art. The cheapest 6*, Alexander, has terrible stats art and is a classic 6*.

IMO the main reason Gideon is super cheap isn't his stats. It's him being an old guy. If they had put those stats on a cute female unit with giant boobs it'd be worth 2-3 times as much atleast Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:51 pm

predator852 wrote:
Could've sworn Rain was the rank reward for that and only the top 25 got her, meaning that there are only 20 of her.

No, I'm definitely sure Rain was a BT Reward during the Battle Arena 3 event. The problem was that it became difficult to earn a lot of BT if you are stuck against more powerful opponents in the 5th or 8th Stage that stops you from earning more than 1200 BT each ticket.

Plus, I think they got rid of the free tickets you can try getting through Leana's Shop, so you were stuck with the bad odds through training...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?   Today at 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Why do some 6* have incredible high prices others don't?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ouran High School Host Club!
» Blind high elf
» high voltage on speaker terminals of Mk4?...
» Pottery prices
» what is (or was) your least favorite part of high school?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: