HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Arena setup placement how?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobhole

PostSubject: Arena setup placement how?   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 pm

So I read about tanking with other units. How can you place X unit in the row?

Last guild war, I tried to put them in order but it seemed to randomly put them on the field.

How can I put high HP units in the front ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena setup placement how?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:49 am

In GW the first factor determining placement is unit range. Shortest ranged units will be up front. longest range in back. The next factor is the order you place them in the actual roster determines what order the units in each row get hit.

However if this was the ticket battles for the current event. That is not an arena battle. It's a colosseum battle. In colo battles order doesnt matter as your entire team effectively shares 1 combined life bar. When units attack the damage is evenly split between all units on the team taking damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena setup placement how?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:25 pm

The order thing. I'll try to elaborate a bit more since I'm not as distracted atm.

The roster for GW goes in an order like so when it comes to priority

1 | 6
2 | 7
3 | 8
4 | 9
5 | 10

This applies as so if none of your units are set to be defense. The order still applies to units set to defense as well. In cases when 1 column or the other isn't set to defense it just skips the numbers not available on setting.

Now your front row tends to be all your melee units as they tend to be the shortest range with most in the 130 range. I think the actual rows are done by range as certain units with unusually high ranges for their type I think have been seen further back than usual. Mid row is where I see most magic units which tend to have I think a 150ish range usually, and the back row is usually populated with missile units as they tend to have the greatest range values in general. Now when going for placement however, say you have Reinhard and 2 other units with the same range as him and you want Reinhard to tank first because the other 2 are squishy. You would need to place Reinhard in a slot with a higher priority than the other 2 on the roster block.

Bear in mind each row is a range so being in the same row doesn't mean they are all the same range. This is most often seen in the front row as some melee units have an extremely short range in which case if you have 2 130 range units and 1 unit with range 110 the 110 range unit will get hit first even if it's number priority is behind the other 2 despite all being lined in the same row.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Arena setup placement how?   Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:43 pm

The rows are determined by their range.

Units with 110 &/or 130 range go in the front row. (Most Melees will hang here).
Units with 150 range go in the middle row. (Mix of Magics & Missiles hang here).
Units with 175 &/or 200 range go in the back row. (Most Missiles hang here).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
PangCY
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena setup placement how?   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:23 pm

memphiskite wrote:
The rows are determined by their range.

Units with 110 &/or 130 range go in the front row. (Most Melees will hang here).
Units with 150 range go in the middle row. (Mix of Magics & Missiles hang here).
Units with 175 &/or 200 range go in the back row. (Most Missiles hang here).

we had maximum 4 rows. i met once in last Battle Arena. anyway, there are 150 range melee too Smile Cardina is 1 of them

1st row, 110 and 130 range. Most melee were here: Charles, Reinchard

2nd row, 150 range. Most magic, some missile, some melee were here: Magnus, Trommel, Camelot

3rd row, 175 range. Some missile and some magic were here: QxQ, Orphues

4th row, 200 range. Some missile were here: Cosmos, WillieU

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena setup placement how?   Today at 3:34 am

Back to top Go down

Arena setup placement how?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1