HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

So how low will the 6* go?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:29 am

As I'm sure many of you are aware, 6* units are plummeting in price. I'm now seeing them under 20 TE/Pots on FantasTrade. Every day players are attempting to sell their units by under-cutting the next player in hopes of maximizing their trade.

So my question to everyone is, what is the lowest you would be willing to sell a 6* for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 am

depends on the 6* in question...not all 6* are created equal.  bounce 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 pm

This is a general question. I realize that some 6*'s never lose value due to rarity, however the vast majority drop in price considerably. For example, on FantasTrade; there is a Skuld going for 12 TE/Pot, an Everleaf for 13 TE/Pot, an Orpheus for 18 TE/Pots.

So, how far down are people willing to go in order to unload 6* units? Could you see yourself selling them at 5* unit rates?

Personally I'm starting to cringe going under 20 TE/Pots considering the amount of work that went into obtaining some of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:16 pm

I've sold about four 6*s at around 10TE in the last few weeks. It really depends on the unit though. Funny, Sagrado (LE) is harder to sell than Manfred xD

KEEP in mind, MINA6* was selling at 6-10TE. Obviously not for her stats, which is still higher than 99% of the 5*s. So, at the lowest, a 6* should still hold some sort of value in other regards (Feeder, Leannes shop, etc). I won't sell any 6* below 10TE right now. 10TE is so easy to get, and its still a 6*. Any newbie should be happy getting a 6* at 10TE.

LE rank 6* rewards are also dying. I tried to sell my Isabelle at 1000 PURE for over a week and got no biters. (She was PCed at 1400+, and I was the lowest seller at 1000). I ended up Fireselling for 800PURE, and couldn't even get 800PURE for her, so I sold at about 800Mix. I didn't mind, I offloaded her and bought myself another 7*

But watching other people trying to sell LE6*s at close to 1000PURE makes me laugh. I see people selling Valafar at 1000PURE. Then I see someone on forum selling her for 300PURE only, and I doubt anyone would even pay that 300.

One of my best allies (who now quit Q___Q), bought Harthi for 550. And this was over a month ago. Maybe even longer. From that, I would estimate Harthi at 400 or less now. I wouldn't even pay 200 for her right now, its too pointless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Since 6* units are the main driver of the economy (ever since personal TE/Pots were introduced), it will be interesting to see what happens when 6*'s no longer move. 7*'s are in demand, but considering few people have them, they can't drive the economy. I would imagine once players stop buying 6*'s, then it will have a trickle down effect as no one will be able to buy up 7*'s.

Fanta needs to come up with a way for players to dump 6*'s to get rid of them as the market is too saturated (I do have an idea, but unfortunately there is no suggestion box).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 pm

A better way for ask this question would be:

How much can I buy a fresh Alexander for ATM Very Happy

Lol no but seriously, I wouldn't SPEND more than 20te for a 6* right now, and I think that's the bad part. We all want our 6*s to be worth a lot, but nobody really wants to spend a lot on them.

I'm a pretty stubborn person, so I reached the point a long time ago with units like Reamy/ Viera / Camelot where I've decided I'm probably not going to trade them simply because they're not valued high enough.

I'm assuming at under 20te a 6*, most people are also starting to reach that point where they've decided they'd be hapier sitting on their 6* than trading it...

It only makes sense. Aside from the first couple steps in a step-up, the best way to get a 6* is the megabox, which is $30...and therein lies the issue...

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm actually trying to take the approach of selling everything off and buying it later at a lower price. I figure in 3 months, I will be able to buy a small army of 6*'s for under 100 TE/Pots.

Or wait for the 8* to come out and watch the 7* price drop. (Lana here I come  cheers )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm

I saw an in-game auction for Medicis this morning that started at 1 TE and was up to 4 TE with one minute before closing... (although I left before it actually finished).

I've diligently saved up 18 pure for my first 6*, then they handed out Selina and 6* prices started dropping. I'm not entirely sure what to do anymore. Buying a cheap Morticia / Skuld is somewhat appealing, since a cheap melee is redundant (kinda) for this event, but D-speed / high DC characters also seem bad in general?

Anyways, I would assume that during times of volatility a lot of people sit on the sidelines which doesn't help things. Maybe I'll keep saving and see what happens with Closer / Flores / ~30 TE arena 6*s.

Then there are the guys posting WTB: f6* for 4 TE + 2 gods that just crack me up lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superk4y

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Well, I have seen Petra goes for 10TE yesterday at trade wall. I guess it's the lowest functional 6* that I currently knew beside of Alex and Mina. But I won't be surprised to see the like Medicis or Mechthild to hit the same low very soon at trade wall/ftrade.

Thing is every time a greater star card being introduced, the current highest star card become less desirable to those top spender. Because I guess to them spender, card is more or less like an identity in game. What is the point to spend so much and to rank while other people didn't acknowledge their achievement which was of course reflected by the card they are leading with beside some spoken reputation.

And in fact it's not a bad thing indeed for some players, with now 8* being introduced although only in Japan server currently, some players have began to sell their 7* in a more affordable price, some even being auctioned in a price much lower than the current market price, so it's an opportunity for some players to grab their first 7*, also it would become more like a downward pyramid distribution of cards. Now 7* owners began to distribute their card among the 6* owners and 6* owners began to distribute their cards to the 5* owners.

And for those who cannot afford to upgrade or feeling too fed up to will very likely being lead to a quit. That is the natural selection law of fantasica.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Fantasica using all these methods to make money, yet ironically, more players are quitting Fantasica.

Mobage has to really wake up on their idea. They even created 8*, but why? Because players are quitting, they need more money and they created 8* , causing more people to quit.

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:12 pm

predator852 wrote:
A better way for ask this question would be:

How much can I buy a fresh Alexander for ATM Very Happy

Lol no but seriously, I wouldn't SPEND more than 20te for a 6* right now, and I think that's the bad part. We all want our 6*s to be worth a lot, but nobody really wants to spend a lot on them.

I'm a pretty stubborn person, so I reached the point a long time ago with units like Reamy/ Viera / Camelot where I've decided I'm probably not going to trade them simply because they're not valued high enough.

I'm assuming at under 20te a 6*, most people are also starting to reach that point where they've decided they'd be hapier sitting on their 6* than trading it...

It only makes sense. Aside from the first couple steps in a step-up, the best way to get a 6* is the megabox, which is $30...and therein lies the issue...

That's one of the reasons that made the market fall.

People are stubborn to buy them in high value.

Players from the beginning would know why XDDD

It's actually easier to do things here than before.

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:58 am

KuroStar wrote:
Fantasica using all these methods to make money, yet ironically, more players are quitting Fantasica.

Mobage has to really wake up on their idea. They even created 8*, but why? Because players are quitting, they need more money and they created 8* , causing more people to quit.
It feels like I'm watching Mobage digging a large hole around themselves with a little shovel. They had the ability to make this game pretty good, but started making it worse instead. Hell, it really does feel like Mobage is going for the quick cash grab rather than make a long lasting game. Fanta won't last another year unless it turns off this screwed up path its taking at the moment.

I was ready to dump some money to rank for a 7* too, but Mobage is proving to me that they really don't deserve my money. Though, with players like LustJaw, I'm sure they don't really care. I was frustrated at first, but now its almost funny. Mobage could put 3 panel events back to back at this point and it wouldn't even faze me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snorror

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 am

Recently i spend alot to get Lierna. But now i dont feel like spending even 1 euro/dollar. I think im going casual for a while see what happens to the prices and the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm curious where the business decisions come from, Silicon Studio or Mobage? SS is the actual developer of Fanta and Mobage is the distribution platform. I would think SS shares more blame than Mobage as it is their game.

I once tried to ask if a community manager could field questions and provide information regarding Fanta, however SS told me to talk to Mobage and Mobage told me to talk to SS. I guess neither company seems to care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladyramza
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:47 pm

I've seen 6* now going for 10te fresh and some leveled. o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 pm

I've stopped reducing my prices on FantasTrade. 10 TE's are much too low to being selling a 6* considering the amount of effort to win one, not to mention the rarity of pulling one in a pack. Right now I'm hoping for a plunge in 7* prices, however at some point I'll be upset that 7* units are selling much too low as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Shinrasoldier wrote:
however at some point I'll be upset that 7* units are selling much too low as well.

its a viscous circle thats been around since release (threads bemoaning the value of cards have also been around since release but i'll not go there again)... 5*'s use to be 100-300te with 6*s in the thousands... later this year we'll be getting 8*'s and then 9*'s... so you can expect 6*'s to be about the same as a 4* in a year or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
Shinrasoldier wrote:
however at some point I'll be upset that 7* units are selling much too low as well.

its a viscous circle thats been around since release (threads bemoaning the value of cards have also been around since release but i'll not go there again)... 5*'s use to be 100-300te with 6*s in the thousands... later this year we'll be getting 8*'s and then 9*'s... so you can expect 6*'s to be about the same as a 4* in a year or so.

Hopefully Fanta adjusts the prizes when that happens. It would be crazy to grind 18+ hours a day and spend money only to get a feeder card (the eventual use of a 6*).

Hopefully someone on the Fanta team will think of a way to involve all card levels so our hard earned 6*'s don't go completely to waste.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:22 pm

well, 6*'s are much, much easier to obtain now than a year or even 6 months ago, in some events the grind time has gone from 20hrs down to 12hrs... and you should see the same happen for ranking rewards (6*s now going to top 300 in most cases, 500 in the last event), i'd bet when NA gets the 8*'s the grindable 7*'s will be where 6's are now.

and really a year ago my 4*'s were amazing, now even my 5*'s are just feeders... same thing will happen to 6*'s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Yesterday I saw a fresh Alexander on fantasitrade for 7TE. IMO the ones that seem to be cratering in value the fastest are D speed missile units that don't have a good arena skill and just about every magic type unit.

Oh and most units that aren't female but thats another thing... >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

UkyoSonoda wrote:
Yesterday I saw a fresh Alexander on fantasitrade for 7TE. IMO the ones that seem to be cratering in value the fastest are D speed missile units that don't have a good arena skill and just about every magic type unit.

I've been looking to build an Alex wall for the next GW. A 7 TE price point (and dropping) will certainly help me do that.

I had one ally use Alex as a feeder instead of going through the hassle of trying to sell him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladyramza
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Shinrasoldier wrote:
UkyoSonoda wrote:

I've been looking to build an Alex wall for the next GW.  A 7 TE price point (and dropping) will certainly help me do that.

I had one ally use Alex as a feeder instead of going through the hassle of trying to sell him.

I'm starting to feel that way about MLB Dolce and Myro. ~_~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am

Sold Skuld 39/130 for 10pure. Regret nothing. pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm

There's lots of "the sky is falling/the game is doomed" posts in this thread. Frankly, they're biased from a personal perspective and not truly representative of what's happening:

* 8*'s were announced, and so far, only 1 exists and only in the JP version. That announcement impacted veterans who have been working and spending to acquire the collections that they have. Truthfully speaking, the owners of the limited number of reward units and in-demand pack 7*'s are the true dictators of the value of the cards. If they acquire 1 of the 10 7* reward units, they dictate how much the card is worth based on the offers they accept or pitch to sell/trade the card or trade for the card.

* MobaCoin offers were scaled back. This means that sock-puppet accounts used to generate free TE/Pots are no longer viable. This allowed some of the more dedicated players to amass quite a bit of a fortune in TE/Pots without spending.

* 6*'s are more attainable for the average player, and even some 7*'s. As the volume of available 6* and 7* units increases, the demand and value of all units decreases on all but the most in-demand units. Art has a major impact, but rarity and Arena use will almost always dictate the value. Limited edition units given as rewards will maintain value better than others. Series units will come next, but risk the possibility of reprinting. Finally, pack-pulled 6*'s will almost always diminish in value (despite usefulness) simply because they're so common. This includes units like Aksana, Monica, Paris, Reinhard, and Eurydike. They're great, but they're widely available.

* Burnout and attrition: some players are just naturally tired of the game. They've done what they could, enjoyed the game for a time, and have now moved on. It happens with many games over time. This game tends to really take a lot out of you with ranking, cooldowns, rigorous battle schedules, and so on. Add to that players who attempted to turn a profit on their work either in-game or otherwise, and it's to be expected that players are quitting. When all of the hard work and investment stops translating to some kind of profit in-game or outside of the game, there's no incentive to continue. While RMT is an ugly thing that few publicly approve of, it exists because there is a market. (Another topic for another thread, though.)

* Diminished perceived quality or value: Investing $1000+ in MobaCoin/FantaPoints in order to rank in an event is a tall order for many average gamers. It becomes even more lackluster when that investment no longer holds up as well over time. 7* reward units like Alias and Lactea fell in value - so much so that a $1:1TE comparison suggests that attempting to rank in the top15 for GB3 legitimately cost you more of your investment. Up to 135 copies of a 7* were issued to the top 15 guilds and now that 7* is hovering in the 350-550+ range - far below what it cost in packs+tonics to achieve that reward. On top of that - perpetual gifting tickets for boss fights as well as tradelocked event units have discouraged average spenders and free players alike from approaching the game as they once did.

* Mobage is listening, but only to the accountants and data analysts. The numbers are directing Mobage and their decisions, not the players. New players + income says more to Mobage than 15,000 emails will. Now that sock-puppet accounts have been neutered, they may see some real numbers and respond accordingly. The only real way to let them know what you think is your playing habits. Be assured that actions like spending and even logging in (when, for how long, etc) are monitored by Mobage. Those stats will drive their future plans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swansonronald

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:45 am

I think the most important thing that has happened is that mobage has made the game and most events "buy packs to win". As a result the people who buy packs try to recoup their investment by selling as many of the units they will not use for te... I'm not a super ranker or anything but even I get a reasonable number of random freh 6 stars...

The game has never really been one where rankers make money--most importantly because te:usd is closer to .35 than it is to 1 so if u win a 2k te card u have maybe broken even in most events...

That said, lots of people are quitting right now because events are repetitive and unlike other games take a lot of investment (time and money). This is driving the pricesofmall cards down. Card prices don't really go up but they might find a base here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how low will the 6* go?   Today at 7:06 am

Back to top Go down

So how low will the 6* go?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: