HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

The cannon has to go!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Motoman

PostSubject: The cannon has to go!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm

The cannon in the guild event is pure BS. My guild had a misfire rate of like 80% during the last fight - in which never team had the lead by much any any point - while the opposing guild did great with the cannon.

The cannon allows teams with weak players to win against teams with better players. And it's so fickle, it's like some kind of cruel hoax that Mobage is playing on it's fans.

All it does is randomize who wins a battle. Regardless of the quality of the teams.

For what possible reason should people continue to buy card packs and/or pots if Mobage is just going to randomize the outcome of each fight anyway?

At this point you're a complete idiot if you're buying anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Unless you're using a bunch of lv 1 units none of which are an event bonus unit. You will get a more efficient GP gain per AP expendature hitting the enemy base with attacks instead of cannons. It's really only useful if you can't break their defense. But even then unless you have a notable numbers advantage on players actually participating in the battle it will take far more pots/tonics for the cannon guild to beat that opponent as that other guild will probably be facerolling your defense and hitting your base with attacks regularly.

The biggest thing this did I think was nerf the ability of high level players with strong 6*+ defenses from passively stonewalling solo guild victories against weak guilds filled with active 4* or 5* players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motoman

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:13 pm

We had even numbers of players. Their weaker players just started using the cannons like crazy, and wound up winning the fight with clearly unfair rates of cannon success.

Mobage gave them the win by giving them a high success rate with the cannons, and giving us a horribly low success rate.

The cannon either needs to be perfectly fair, or completely eliminated. I can see of no honest way to justify it's existence as it stands now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xbLux
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

If they had weaker units then you guys, you should have saved up AP and assaulted together, breaking through their D and hit the base.

The only time cannons have been a factor is when they crit, otherwise they are a waste of AP. Your rooks should be the only ones using them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relaystration

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 pm

I think the idea of being able to personally contribute without fighting is good. However, either crits or misses have to go. Too much of a point flip, trolls pot burners. I see where either can have their merits - crits are fun and can turn the tide of close battles, and misfires mean that cannoning isn't necessarily best way to burn GP in a pinch. But put both together... and with a little luck, cannons would result in a 300k+ point difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:51 am

xbLux wrote:
If they had weaker units then you guys, you should have saved up AP and assaulted together, breaking through their D and hit the base.

The only time cannons have been a factor is when they crit, otherwise they are a waste of AP. Your rooks should be the only ones using them.

That. What I marked in bold and underlined.

Trust me, even if they cannon like dumb, if you can break through their defense, then you could have won over them. You could have farmed far more DP then they could have with their cannon...

And that's possible. Doesn't matter how many crits they do - 3 hits from someone on the base, who's able to get 50k per hit - Critical Hit doesn't matter anymoar.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRain7

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:08 pm

it also matters on the low member guild fights x____x

happened to me yesterday... I went into a 1vs2 against these 2 noobs. The power difference was so huge that they should have had no chance...

When I attack my units one-shot all their units (even had the hilarious occurrence of Soldado killing 4 guys with one hit). When they attack me they lose their whole team and take 3 pixels off my front unit's hp bar.

But then they crit 3 times and I just lost because I didn't want to waste any pots for this crap (premium tickets for the win!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:45 am

Motoman wrote:
The cannon in the guild event is pure BS.  My guild had a misfire rate of like 80% during the last fight - in which never team had the lead by much any any point - while the opposing guild did great with the cannon.

The cannon allows teams with weak players to win against teams with better players.  And it's so fickle, it's like some kind of cruel hoax that Mobage is playing on it's fans.

All it does is randomize who wins a battle.  Regardless of the quality of the teams.

For what possible reason should people continue to buy card packs and/or pots if Mobage is just going to randomize the outcome of each fight anyway?

At this point you're a complete idiot if you're buying anything.

If your team is of good quality, then there's no randomization about it. If your team and units are less powerful than your opponent's team/units, you're going to lose with or without the cannon.

Also, the cannon cannot outperform good teams + spending.

Sorry to be insulting, here, but your indignation is misdirected. Get better units and get a team of 6-8 other people who have the same. Complaining that you lost to cannon fire when your team is 4*'s, 5*'s, bad 6*'s + Grace is kinda silly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 am

TheRain7 wrote:
it also matters on the low member guild fights x____x

happened to me yesterday... I went into a 1vs2 against these 2 noobs. The power difference was so huge that they should have had no chance...

When I attack my units one-shot all their units (even had the hilarious occurrence of Soldado killing 4 guys with one hit). When they attack me they lose their whole team and take 3 pixels off my front unit's hp bar.

But then they crit 3 times and I just lost because I didn't want to waste any pots for this crap (premium tickets for the win!)

This is why you lost. You weren't willing to invest the resources in the easy win. They were. 3 crit's is a HIGHLY unlikely scenario. For FAR fewer pots and tonics invested, you could have not only healed, but gained an easy 1mil lead on that team if you had been serious.

If you're not serious, don't complain when other teams want it more and are willing to make you suffer for your lack of motivation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:52 am

Motoman wrote:
We had even numbers of players.  Their weaker players just started using the cannons like crazy, and wound up winning the fight with clearly unfair rates of cannon success.

Mobage gave them the win by giving them a high success rate with the cannons, and giving us a horribly low success rate.

The cannon either needs to be perfectly fair, or completely eliminated.  I can see of no honest way to justify it's existence as it stands now.

Random chance is random. YOU gave them the win by not pressing the assault. If you're only ahead by less than 1 million GP, and you stop attacking in order to be a wall, they're going to overtake you if they want it.

Cannons discourage the tactic of getting a small lead and walking away after 15 min. I've stolen SO many wins from teams that take this lazy approach. I'll just wait until 15-30 minutes into a battle, log in, and spam cannons. TAH-DAH! I win because no one cared enough to play more than 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:41 pm

I also hate it when the canon misfires, it takes so much time and engery to gather all the items you need to fire it..i hope they will improve it..its kind of unfair..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostStorm

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:58 pm

I faced one particular guild who simply cannoned the entire time and ran the annoying 1 man-defense. We blew up everything they had each time we attacked but they simply swapped to another 1 unit. We had vastly superior units (multiple 6* players vs 3*/4*/5* players) but we were losing for 30 minutes by 500k and just barely won at the last minute. They had 10 critical cannons; 5 on the player who spammed it the most... Evil or Very Mad 

From my experience you almost need a dedicated cannon user or two of your own in every battle, because far too many people run weak defenders and prioritize cannons. Gotten to the point where I miss mano-a-mano fights Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:17 pm

LostStorm wrote:
I faced one particular guild who simply cannoned the entire time and ran the annoying 1 man-defense. We blew up everything they had each time we attacked but they simply swapped to another 1 unit. We had vastly superior units (multiple 6* players vs 3*/4*/5* players) but we were losing for 30 minutes by 500k and just barely won at the last minute. They had 10 critical cannons; 5 on the player who spammed it the most... Evil or Very Mad 

From my experience you almost need a dedicated cannon user or two of your own in every battle, because far too many people run weak defenders and prioritize cannons. Gotten to the point where I miss mano-a-mano fights Sad

Depends entirely on what bracket area your guild is at in being matched for opponents. Troll defense cannon spam doesn't win battles past a certain point. It just slows the other team's GP gain which can cause them to drop ranks on the leaderboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostStorm

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:43 pm

UkyoSonoda wrote:
LostStorm wrote:

Depends entirely on what bracket area your guild is at in being matched for opponents. Troll defense cannon spam doesn't win battles past a certain point. It just slows the other team's GP gain which can cause them to drop ranks on the leaderboard.

This latest war I'm running the guild casual ranking in the 400s, but the first cannon war we were in the top 200. All of the same situations then as it is now.

EDIT: Although yes I agree. The top ranks have a lot more actual fighting. Lower brackets are so random.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Last GW ranked around 400 due to 3 leechers. Saw guilds trying to push this.

This GW ranked around 100. Most cannoning is done after 1 side has given up trying to break defenses. The ones cannoning full time are usually the rooks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cannon has to go!   Today at 7:07 am

Back to top Go down

The cannon has to go!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1