HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

How do you amass TE/POT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: How do you amass TE/POT?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:35 pm

I know through ranking and trading and such, but are there better ways?

It took me forever to get 50 TE the first time. It's hard when you dont have much worth trading. Plus you're in competition to trade with others who have similar or even greater resources.

And without the previously stated greater resources, it's next to impossible to get a rank high enough to get stuff.

Then there's the pay route, but it's just not worth it in 99% of cases. The cheap Step Ups are good up until Step 4 for me.

So, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Nope, trading is the only way if you want to amass TE/POT as a free player. Also, some events give trade-able TE/POTS as a grindable reward.

From my own experience, I just finished trading for an Alsiel (a card worth nearly 1k TE) using 6* units I've amassed since February. And while I am a semi-spender (Spent quite a bit in GW3 and Mandragora March along with one pack every month), a lot of the TE I managed to get came from selling grindable units from various events (my luck with pulling packs is terrible sometimes).

By grindable units, I mean units like Closer (23 wins from GW2), Krene, and Ombre (BT rewards from two quest events). All gotten free and all netted me 140TE. Its a lot of work, and can feel like hell at times, but its the best way for a free player to get some tradable units. You can even make some additional profit depending on how you trade said units. Hell, most free players are already getting 7* units since they probably put way more effort into this game than I do.

Bottom line is that hard work is the best way to get TE/Pots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 pm

I feel like I work hard in this game but get very little.
I try to get those grindable pots/TE and usually do so.
But never capable of getting more than the rank 4* due to the resources I possess.
Heck I had to BORROW 18 TE to make up the difference to get my first 6* a few months back.

I get terrible pulls in packs. Out of the 9 months I've been playing, I've only gotten one 6* from a Step up(with x10 bonus) but I need that because all I have are Magnus and 4/5*s.

I remember when they released the Miss Fantasica 7*s, I felt cheated for spending $50 for 4*s.......that really irritated me as that was the first time I put money into Fantasica outside of the cheapo step ups as of late. I expected at LEAST a 5* out of it.

Heck I only got my first 5*(Alraune) because Mobage changed the reward requirements!

So most of my playtime has been sheer luck and is very frustrating at times. I don't really have time to grind for 19hrs in a Panel to get the 6* and don't have the money to speed things up.

Ok....done ranting it's frustrating me more, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MySortaName

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 pm

I hear you on the frustration. I've only been playing about 6 weeks and so far am completely a free player, but there's definitely been a learning curve. I can look back and see the opportunities to make TE that I totally missed. Most glaring: the Mystic Summit. I made it to lap 2, level 80 without using any TE(P) (of which I had ~30). I thought, "Why do I need to use up TE(P) to get another 5* monster?" I did not realize how valuable Qilin would be! Frustrating b/c with a little more time management & using some TE(P) I could easily have gotten her and sold her for a nice chunk of tradable TE. (I might've even gotten lucky and pulled Mitra!) I guess if there's ever another 2 day tower, I'll know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Having a life, I couldn't make it through lap 2. I got to F21. I sneak getting on Fantasica as it is at work when I can. But that doesn't make up for the soul selling you need to do in some of these events to get the 6*. Just look at panels, you need at least a 5* for the bonus and still like 18hrs of grinding a day or to do the battles. But you're limited on the battles unless you pay.

Just look at now, you need 200k shard to get the 5* and 600k shards to get the 6*. I've only managed 48k so far, that's with sneaking on at work and fighting Barbara when I can. Which is in of itself hard. Granted, I don't expect it to be easy and she's certainly easier, IMO, than Merrow or Lilith was(must be my stronger allies). There's just no way I can make it because I don't have the pins to make up some of the difference. Not that it'd matter because that'd need ALOT of pins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cruorimancer
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:51 pm

basically, put a lot of time and effort and you'll get a good grindbale card that you can sell to people that cannot spare enough time and effort for this game.
I played since the seasplash event, and unfortunately I work -like- 10-12 hours a day so i'm unfortunately in the not enough time to spare category... Evil or Very Mad 
Only have grace as 6* up until now... Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:40 am

I feel I put a lot of time and effort into this game as it is. I just haven't sold my soul or wallet to it. Which is what you need to do if you want to get anywhere far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:58 am

shadowmako wrote:
I feel I put a lot of time and effort into this game as it is. I just haven't sold my soul or wallet to it. Which is what you need to do if you want to get anywhere far.
Pretty much. Granted, it used to be way easier to grind events for units.

shadowmako wrote:
I remember when they released the Miss Fantasica 7*s, I felt cheated for spending $50 for 4*s.......that really irritated me as that was the first time I put money into Fantasica outside of the cheapo step ups as of late. I expected at LEAST a 5* out of it.
As most others will probably say: NEVER buy packs expecting a unit. Only buy packs if you plan to rank in its related event. Going into a pack expecting to pull any good unit will only leave you disappointed. I went $200 last event needing tonics, and pulled only 4*.

Last edited by Amasuro on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xbLux
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 am

This game def take a lot of time, effort, planning, and a lot of good allies, if you aren't spending.

Most rewards are grindable without spending, but you will need to grind at least 17-20 hours with near perfect timing.

Planning is a big part, also. You should not be wasting away pot/te on every event, unless you are intending to ranking. For me, I try to not spend, unless I'm sure I will be within 6* range. Stockpiling is important. Set smaller goals for event you know you cannot compete nor have the time for. When you have alot of pot(p) or te(p), pick an event you think you can do very well in and be willing to put the effort and do it.

I'm a free player, maybe pulling the occasional 100 coin to get the event unit.

You can build a decent colo PvP team with two 6* (preferably B speed or better, but C is fine for starters), and the rest 4/5*s. You will need at least 2 B speed slows, like Zande/Edwin/Macaria, to get your 6* to the front of the line to do the heavy damage. Also, use fillers like Nanael and Angela, which are low DC and fast units. Pair all this with some decent 6* or B speed slow allies, you have a chance at a 6*. The only downside is you must be able to get 100-110 wins per day for the whole event. This can mean a lot of lost sleep. I know this works as this is exactly what I did for the last 2 colos. I did not spend a penny and didn't event need an event unit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoneyLover

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 am

As everyone in this post has already mentioned, there are two obvious methods to a 6*: Spending or Grinding. Of course, grinding gets tiresome fast and in the end, is it worth it? Ultimately, you need to be patient if you aren't willing to spend a dime, and I don't blame you if you don't spend. This game is geared towards spenders and it shows no mercy nor kindness for the casual player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 am

MoneyLover wrote:
As everyone in this post has already mentioned, there are two obvious methods to a 6*: Spending or Grinding. Of course, grinding gets tiresome fast and in the end, is it worth it? Ultimately, you need to be patient if you aren't willing to spend a dime, and I don't blame you if you don't spend. This game is geared towards spenders and it shows no mercy nor kindness for the casual player.
I believe they do show some kindness here and there. During the latest events i noticed a few tradable pots/TE on earlier rewards (before the latest GA), and if you keep the demon texts on this training event, they'll convert to tradable pots after the event. And should i mention Grace, which was a better gift than Mina?

As for no mercy, i agree a bit. The cards that are awarded by means that free players can obtain (Such as Celine in this event) are in a very, very high spot. Still, they added free event items to reach such height (3 per 5 days) on the premium login, while maintaining the limit. Do you know what IMO would be no mercy? To forbid 7* trading, in which 7* are only obtainable by high spenders, players with good knowledge and excelent tactics, or just dumb luck.

Their game model is not entirely good, but i did see some gestures towards the casual players. You just need to look around a bit better Wink

Other than those, selling goddesses and 4* feeders are a good idea, as with units coming at a fast rate, these will always be in demand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 am

IMO a lot of times the marked goals for quota related rewards on events seems to be averaged out or based on the average that a players obtained of said quota statistic on previous events. The issue is the big spenders skew this average which causes the quotas to be extremely high almost to the level of being unrealistic for a free player on some events.

Monster cards would outside of high rarity event reward ones would have more value if they'd rework the pvp attacks to having the defender set a DC amt of defense on a normal questish map with 2 slots that pull random active allies then have the player attack with monsters trying to get through. Most players atm see no point in even having monsters because the attacking player can place 5 allies which could be mlb 6* or 7* leads before even touching their deployment DC.

And nah Vaati they plan on making the 8* units untradable when they release them ;P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cruorimancer
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 am

making too many untradeable is really going to kill moba's bussiness though, since this is a card TRADING games... lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:07 pm

The trading and the market makes this game unique, there are plenty of CCGs out there that are way less painful to play (i.e. more rewards for less effort) but the fact that a great pull or reward has value in this game, not only to you but potentially to other players as well, makes it special. Moba would have whole lot of balance issues on their hands if they removed trading, basically they'd have to reduce grinding and lower the bar for rewards to keep it enjoyable. And even then it would have a lot more competition than it does now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
acedoll

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:24 pm

honestly, its ridiculously difficult without chipping in a couple of bucks (unless you're luckless)
First started when the game came out, and it wasnt until 2 months ago that i got my first 6*. When the game first came out they didnt even have goddess or anything worthwhile from events, especially when premium tickets (given ones) were rare and maybe more than 70% had only a 2* or 3* which were crap. They seriously eased the game seeing that goddesses are pretty much obtainable in every event and Colosseum pretty much guarantees you a couple of TE/POTS along with gods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 am

I've started playing a different game where when you pay money (in this other game you are buying a particular currency called "diamonds") and it keeps track of how many diamonds you purchase. The game is also very generous with giving diamonds in the game. As you buy diamonds over time, your past cumulative diamond purchases (not counting the free diamonds) is always there, and you can reach "VIP Levels" as you buy more. Each level is harder to reach than the first, there are unique gifts at each level.  But your past payment credit is always there. So unlike fanta where if you have bad luck on a purchase it feels like money wasted and you have to start fresh in the next event, the next dream box whatever.

Taking a short break from Fanta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoneyLover

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Vaati wrote:
MoneyLover wrote:
I believe they do show some kindness here and there. During the latest events i noticed a few tradable pots/TE on earlier rewards (before the latest GA), and if you keep the demon texts on this training event, they'll convert to tradable pots after the event. And should i mention Grace, which was a better gift than Mina?

As for no mercy, i agree a bit. The cards that are awarded by means that free players can obtain (Such as Celine in this event) are in a very, very high spot. Still, they added free event items to reach such height (3 per 5 days) on the premium login, while maintaining the limit. Do you know what IMO would be no mercy? To forbid 7* trading, in which 7* are only obtainable by high spenders, players with good knowledge and excelent tactics, or just dumb luck.

Their game model is not entirely good, but i did see some gestures towards the casual players. You just need to look around a bit better Wink

Other than those, selling goddesses and 4* feeders are a good idea, as with units coming at a fast rate, these will always be in demand.
While I do agree that there have been a few kind gestures such as Grace, tradeable potion/TE as rewards should be a given. Without them, the casual player wouldn't have any interest in participating in events. I do understand the game model where 7*s and 6*s are difficult to obtain. If everyone had them, the game would just be dull as hell, but there needs to be a way to allow casual players a chance at fighting for that top tier card without busting out a few hundred dollars to rank in the top 10.

As for me, I've been saving TE (p) for a Colosseum event, but somehow we have another guild war at hand (suspicious?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you amass TE/POT?   Today at 7:45 am

Back to top Go down

How do you amass TE/POT?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: