HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

POKEMON X and Y

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Some awesome person on Fanta just gave me a 5IV Eevee for free!~~

Really helped give me a boost in the whole breeding process.

All thats left for me to do is breed with my own Eevee to control the Nature and hopefully results in a Male Eevee with the nature I want plus the Awesome IVs he gave me ;D

THEN SHINY EEVEE HERE I COME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kia7176

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Black Friday + inlaw family christmas (early cause of traveling) was very generous. We both just got our 3ds xl and pokemon. I have X and my hubby has Y and my brother in law is playing.  We just started playing pokemon last night. If anyone wants to exchange friend codes mine is 0791 2547 3846.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 pm

A few thoughts early in the game (2 badges earned, pokemon mostly level 3x)

- It seems every pokemon that fights get full EXP instead of dividing among them. Nice for raising weaker members.

- EXP Share seems to overlevel your team easily now that it gives EXP to all members. My team is almost 10 levels ahead of random trainers. I think I will turn it off for now.

- Huge Power Azumarill is awesome, just as before.

- Good old Sleep Powder Razor Leaf Venusaur. Ageless.

- I really like the Ice/Rock Fossil pokemon. I always liked dinosaurs and its Refrigerate ability is interesting. But is there a pokemon out there that doesn't carry a super effective attack on this poor guy? I can't think of a worse defensive typing. Will keep him around for first playthrough because dinosaur.

- Early in the game, almost nothing can touch a Steel/Ghost type.

- Still in search of a good Flying type. If I don't find one soon, I will resort to Zubat. I absolutely love Crobat but I want to try a new one for a change. Mad 

- Pokemon Amie is worth the effort and time, but it really slows me down. No more cupcakes for Venusaur until I get my next badge.

- Roller skates Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Charizard + Adamant + 31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, Speed + 252 atk EVs + 252 Spd EVs + Dragon Dance + Outrage + Flare Blitz + charizardnite X = oops I broke the game. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Charizard Y > Charizard X bro!! lol. But X does look badass, and much more resists. On another subject, Mewtwo Y > X by a long shot, no argument lol.

I caught Mewtwo Timid (+Speed -Atk), using Premiere balls, max IV in Def, Sdef, Speed.

@Abyss, a pretty popular flying type is the little red bird thing... for some reason can't remember its name. But you find him early on, hes like... the Pidgy equivalent. He evolves into Fire/Flying, and looks pretty cool, and will help you later on with hatching eggs ;]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 am

X also gets STAB flare blitz and outrage along with an additional boost to their power from tough claws and the increased ATK stat it gets from mega evolving. To the point of it being able to wreck things that actually resist both attacks after using dragon dance just once.

It's also 1 of only 4 dragon types in the game that isn't weak to fairy attacks and 2 of the 4 on that list are legendaries from gen 4 and 5. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:36 am

lol o______o...

but... but... ;(

Vaporeon > All
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:21 am

Its also one of the few dragons without an Ice weakness and fire types that isnt weak to water. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 am

Hey Ukio, I got the game finally, but I'm able to play only at night when I'm back from work. I will send you a kik.

BTW supertraining is awesome to give effort correctly! We needed this! I still don't have a decent team but have some stuff to trade for evolutions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 pm

imo, using sweet scent (Oddish) to attract hordes is the fastest way to EV Train. Super training is only there to show you when your stat is maxed.

Strangely though, I noticed EV training against hordes is adding the EV incorrectly or something.

Fought a Horde of 5 Pokemon that should give 1 to SpAtk each. Thats 5 EV for killing them. Mewtwo was holding a Power item, so it should double to 10.

Max EV for a stat is 255? but aim for 252. His SpAtk maxed out in about 10 battles. (100 EV if I didn't count wrong).

Ukyo, may you shed some light on that? xD! I confirmed it again by maxing Mewtwo's Speed EVs as well. Only took ~10 horde battles to max it out ;s

not exactly complaining though, since that makes maxing EV's extremely easy (Less than 30 minutes and you're done). Also, take note that EXP SHARE WILL SHARE EVs. In other words, when EV training, bring a bunch of pokemon that needs the same EVs. You'll finish training all of them in less than 30 minutes combined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:20 pm

my FC: 1392-4168-2557

:3

I think my friend safari is bug type. Kinda funny because I almost never use bug types.

Edit:

Also fear the horrible power of my Aegislash. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuhc8RROw10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznktv

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:23 pm

i play Y Smile
i'll put up my FC when i find my DS.... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 pm

I forgot to mention that its 255 Singapore dollars for the 3DS and Y XD

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:22 pm

UkyoSonoda wrote:

Also fear the horrible power of my Aegislash. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuhc8RROw10
Aegislash is going to be so overused. Awesome defensive typing. Good moves. Unique playstyle. Even the slow speed is an advantage.

-----

I am midway through the game now (at the door of Fifth Gym). Team now consists of Delphox, Azumarill, Venusaur, Honedge, Hawlucha, Amaura. Hawlucha's stats are meh but the good Flying/Fighting type and Encore make it quite good in game. I will probably drop Amaura soon in favor of Trapinch/Flygon or Gible/Garchomp. Poor dinosaur is underleveled since he can't switch into anything. Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Another pokemon that will be overused is Greninja the final evolution of Froakie. However the one that will be overused are bred verisons that have it's hidden ability protean. Protean changes it's actual type to match the move it uses so every move a Protean Greninja uses will gain STAB. At the same time it also makes it more difficult to hit weak points due to it's type changing and Greninja has a very high speed stat which will allow it to most often go first.

Edit:

Shiny Eevee with max HP, ATK, SpATK, SpDEF, SPD, IV's zzz...

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:03 am

Kia's Friend safari is Water. Slot 1 and 2 are Panpour and Quagsire. Not seen 3rd slot yet which might have to do with not beating the elite four yet.

Also added PuYang's FC to my friend list on my DS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznktv

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 am

does anyone wanna have a double/triple battle? or rotation? (i suck at singles, but can do that too)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 am

Registered Ukyo and Aznktv.

Ani FC: 3239-3854-8866

pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:59 am

Registered ani and aznktv

Ani's Friend Safari is Water Type. First 2 slots are Krabby and Wartortle.

Friend Safari's have 3 slots per person. The 3rd slot opens after beating the elite four the first time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznktv

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 am

Aniwo wrote:
Registered Ukyo and Aznktv.

Ani FC: 3239-3854-8866

pig
registerred Ukyo and Ani
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznktv

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:52 pm

PuYang wrote:
POKEMON X / Y

Hiyo, I know this is quite random. I'm playing Pokemon X and Y, and a few of my allies here are planning to get the game and join me in the fun ;D

I wanted to make this thread here to see if anyone here plays Pokemon X and Y as well. My "assumption" would be people who get addicted to games like Fanta would probably love Pokemon games as well LOL. (*Minus the lack of large female chests).

Hoping this thread can be for discussion or Pokemon trading, adding friends for Poke Safari etc, or other help, etc etc.

**Personal hidden plan to this thread:
Seeing as how Fanta has a large variety of players from all over the world; was hoping someone here who plays Pokemon X or Y from a different language can add me and trade Pokemon with me! (Increase Shiny Pokemon Breeding!!)

Fanta is getting boring.
added you to my FC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Added people who posted friend code in this thread.

My FC: 2380 3933 8450
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kia7176

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:35 pm

I've registered, abyss, ukyo, ani and puyang. I think that's everyone I'm throwing my friend code into my siggy so I don't have to repost or confuse ^_^.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON X and Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Friend safari updates.

Greg: Fighting. first 2 slots are Machoke and Pancham
Kaine: Ghost. first 2 slots are Shuppet and Phantump
Lark: Water. first 2 slots are Panpour and Gyrados
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznktv