HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Trading Pet Peeves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
solascension



Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 138

PostSubject: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 am

Just curious what some pet peeves are for people are when looking to trade. I don't mind noob offers, because people aren't very forthcoming about prices or even very helpful on this game to new people, so I try and let them know when they're way off.

My personal pet peeve is when people say "make me an offer", and then are jerks about it when they do get an offer, even a reasonable one. Also "make me an offer" makes it hard to establish any sort of pricing range in a game that's going through rampant inflation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 am

I ask people to make an offer because I don't know the price of items lol.

I see things being sold for vastly different prices, like for example an item A might be 1TE in one place but 30 TE in another.

So I ask for offers to see what's a realistic price for that item.

but I REALLY hate it when these people offer 10k luna for something that I know is at 
least say 10 TE. And it seems so many people in this game (and on this forum) do that! 

Do they really feel good by ripping people off? Are you really not ashamed of yourself for 
doing such things? Seriously. I mean merchanting is ok, but when you're trying to rip people off so much its basically scamming, that's just wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solascension



Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:13 am

i agree blatant ripping off is pretty low. I guess there are two versions of people who say make an offer, i hadnt really thought of the fact that someone might not know the value, but i have seen it where its just the guy trying to take advantage of peoples ignorance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

Tradelocking. Obviously. You sent me a trade, I respond within 10 seconds. So accept the damn trade, don't go offline for a day!

Hate it when I see people trying to rip off new players who don't know any better. No, that stray cat isn't worth 100k, come on man... No, don't trade your 6* for those crappy 5*s.


This hasn't happened to me yet, but if I ever get on rare card report and get completely crap, unsolicited offers in my trade box...? Yes, I will tradelock them. Evil or Very Mad

_________________
KiK: clocksprocket | Play DOT! Referral: 7Px4

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 am

Somebody offered me Fiona and 50 te for a max Vlad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 am

I don't have a Fiona but I'll offer you Caecilia and 55 TE, pls its all i have??

_________________
KiK: clocksprocket | Play DOT! Referral: 7Px4

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:47 am

Fiona is the most notorious 5* and you give me Caecilia? That's undertrading. Hahaha.

But seriously, my real pet PEEVES is when they keep undervaluing the cards. Pretty sad when somebody told me: My 4* for your 6*

Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]


Join date : 2012-10-08
Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am

People will get on your case for what they think is "low balling." One player started to "send to all allies" that I was a rip off 'cus she perceive my offer as "low balling." She was also trying to buy the same card, but the seller choose my offer. I even offered to refund, but the seller said "No."

There is a difference in low balling, offering 10k/6Te for a 1mil card. Both are low, one, just one is extremely low.

Of course, you don't hear it a lot, but there's "high balling" - trading for more.

There is just too much variation in price-range. Not everyone is going to know your prices. 3* were 70k, but lately, people are trying to buy it as feeders at 10k-15k. Saw 5*Rose going for 100te - 250te, from experience players. Sheryl asking for 240-400te. Meg from 50te-120te. If I saw Rose go for 100te, that's what I'm going to look for now to buy, then if I'm selling it'll be for 2XXte.

If someone thinks you're "low balling" offer the seller a refund, if they say no, you're good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wheatmidge



Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 pm

I think the most frustrating thing I had someone do to me was offer to sell me a card and then tradelock me while they attempt to buy the card off someone else for cheaper and then expect me to still pay twice as much for a card that I witnessed them purchase minutes before.

I don't know if it is common practice but I always creep on people who I am trading with, and if they are gloating to their allies about how they are getting an amazing deal then I often second guess the trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Yes, I get that. A player (Bittenpeach) told me that he doesn't have enough after locking my trade for 2 hours. I caught him/her trying to get it cheaper from others.

A few weeks later, I caught him/her buying TEs from a noob for 35k and he/she says its market price.

He/she is on my blacklist now. So take note of him/her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nucklez



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I had a guy send me a Remika out of the blue in a trade. I message him on his profile asking what he wants. He responds "What's your offer?" I just canceled the trade and moved along. I didn't ask for your silly Remika. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danaerys83
Peace Keeper [Retired]


Join date : 2012-08-31
Posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am

Wheatmidge wrote:
I think the most frustrating thing I had someone do to me was offer to sell me a card and then tradelock me while they attempt to buy the card off someone else for cheaper and then expect me to still pay twice as much for a card that I witnessed them purchase minutes before.

I don't know if it is common practice but I always creep on people who I am trading with, and if they are gloating to their allies about how they are getting an amazing deal then I often second guess the trade.

I caught someone doing a similar thing but with Roc Vial (L) yesterday. They were buying them at 2TE from unsuspecting sellers then selling them straight on to the (also unsuspecting) top event competitors at 3TE each. I can honestly say I found it extremely funny today when I spotted them on the walls of people with rare card pulls trying to re-convert their stock of RV(L) back into TE at 2TE each because barely anyone will buy at 3TE lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-10
Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:42 pm

I dislike the play to trade mentality over the play to win mentality. The idea that a level one 6* is of more value than 5 maxed 5* is only so because of an arbitrary value being put on the cards, not because of performance. I have 129 wins in the arena (and 5 losses) because my Valueless 4* & 5* cards are beating the pants off of everyone's 6*. To me a player who pulls a 6* and turns down a trade offer for 5 5* when their best card is a level 50 Angela is not playing to win, and if that's not the point then what is? I consider trades based solely on one thing, their ability to help me win, there is nothing else to consider in my opinion. I consider that that player with a level 50 Angela may consider my 5* of value because they improve his overall strength more than that 6* they just got in a box and I make those types of offers all the time. If they don't like the offer they won't accept, I keep my cards they keep theirs no one is worse for wear. If I were to obtain a 6* today I wouldn't trade it away because my deck is strong. Were it weak I'd take those 5* in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
Wheatmidge



Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:27 pm

dnonamus wrote:
I dislike the play to trade mentality over the play to win mentality. The idea that a level one 6* is of more value than 5 maxed 5* is only so because of an arbitrary value being put on the cards, not because of performance. I have 129 wins in the arena (and 5 losses) because my Valueless 4* & 5* cards are beating the pants off of everyone's 6*. To me a player who pulls a 6* and turns down a trade offer for 5 5* when their best card is a level 50 Angela is not playing to win, and if that's not the point then what is? I consider trades based solely on one thing, their ability to help me win, there is nothing else to consider in my opinion. I consider that that player with a level 50 Angela may consider my 5* of value because they improve his overall strength more than that 6* they just got in a box and I make those types of offers all the time. If they don't like the offer they won't accept, I keep my cards they keep theirs no one is worse for wear. If I were to obtain a 6* today I wouldn't trade it away because my deck is strong. Were it weak I'd take those 5* in a heartbeat.

I think people view it as more of a long term gain over short term gain. If you keep a 6* and level it up then it becomes more powerful than the 5*s that have been offered for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

I have a group of people I chat with KIK on. Whenever I get crazy offers, good or bad, I let them know to take a look on my board for laughs.

It gives them a good idea of valuation of cards, it lets them know which people are clueless, which people are ill informed / purposefully misled about valuation, and which people they need to watch out for and avoid trading with.

I never trade anything I can't afford to have tradelocked since tradelocking itself is more rude than anything else. And being rude is not against the TOS or illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Question someone just asked me : I want to buy Ellen in luna, how much?

Using 200,000 per TE (Going for 300,000, but I was being nice) and my asking price of 20,000 TE, that is 4 billion luna to trade to me for luna : card trade.

At 10k per click per second, that is 5 days of doing nothing but clicking the 10k luna trade button.

That isn't even including me clicking trade, being told it's up, etc.

If someone was willing to do that, I would happily give them Ellen at straight luna and salute them for their tenacity. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-10
Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Wheatmidge wrote:


I think people view it as more of a long term gain over short term gain. If you keep a 6* and level it up then it becomes more powerful than the 5*s that have been offered for it.

I disagree, one max 6* does not beat 3 max 5* let alone 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
sharpyzu
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm

It does, in cases where you can't or don't want to use 5 creatures.

You can't force your own opinions of value on other people and say that their value system is wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Having maxed 5*s instead of just one 6* (and say, only 4*s) may be better during an arena-type event, but if you're doing boss battles or tower-type events (where it's you + 3 allies) then having a 6* in that case is more beneficial.

_________________
KiK: clocksprocket | Play DOT! Referral: 7Px4

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spidey11588



Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:46 pm

My pet peeve is that everyone wants TE. I hardly get trade able TE's. unless I search for someone to trade me a tiny amount unless I trade my hard earned 5*s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Trading pet peeve.

Still not finding a sucker that will trade me a Hildegard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

basiliskeye wrote:
Trading pet peeve.

Still not finding a sucker that will trade me a Hildegard!

At the risk of being a "sucker" (I prefer dirtbag)...what's your offer on Hilde? Btw mine is only lvl 85.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-10
Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:14 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
It does, in cases where you can't or don't want to use 5 creatures.

You can't force your own opinions of value on other people and say that their value system is wrong.

A discussion is far from force and I've never said anyone's system is wrong, if so quote me. This thread is about personal pet peeves not identifying and forcefully removing value systems. I'd encourage you to reread. The word disagree implies a difference of OPINION. For your sake, I'll try to be more clear in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
Icepay



Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 pm

People who want you to trade more than 5 items for a single card. Man, someone used that method to trick me into giving away everything I have...had to reset all my data and start anew. Neutral

Yeah, I guess you can call me the most gullible trader in Fantasica history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:00 pm

dnonamus wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:
It does, in cases where you can't or don't want to use 5 creatures.

You can't force your own opinions of value on other people and say that their value system is wrong.

A discussion is far from force and I've never said anyone's system is wrong, if so quote me. This thread is about personal pet peeves not identifying and forcefully removing value systems. I'd encourage you to reread. The word disagree implies a difference of OPINION. For your sake, I'll try to be more clear in the future.

One does not need to explicitly say the words in order to mean something; I felt that you were very... passionate about your dislike for people who "play to trade". Of course, I could be wrong, and since you explained that you're only trying to say your opinion, I'm sorry.

If you would like a discussion, I'll bite.

What exactly is "win" in this game? Beating a quest? Beating a training zone? Beating the boss in an event?

I don't believe there is a clear way to "win" the game. Everyone has different goals for the game and what they want to achieve; what they consider to be win. Collecting 6*s could be their idea of "win".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Trading Pet Peeves   Today at 1:00 am

Back to top Go down
 
Trading Pet Peeves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Trading Card Game
» St's Trading room RESTARTED I HAVE PRICELESS
» complete-Fun Tournament at Thousand Taste Trading on 18/7/09
» Vanguard Tournament @ AUDIO VENTURA TRADING 25/5/2013
» MC's Trading Center

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: