HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

New YouTube comment section...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: New YouTube comment section...   Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:05 am

Well yeah... I'm one of these ladies, going often on YouTube, watching her Let's Players, Vlogers and movie makers on YouTube...

And now that happened:

They changed the YouTube comment section. They connected it to Google+ that way: If you want to comment OR see comments, you need to log in Google+!

Also, now you can actually post links... Now imagine you misclick and suddenly - you click on a link that's a virus. You're actually fu*ked.

My thoughts of Google+ <- That's a song the YouTuber Emma Blackery. She expresses her thoughts about the new feature and she's right... With every word she says.

Here it is explained so far what Google has said to that.

Also that. A petition against the new comment section in YouTube.

Jawed Karim, YouTube co-funder, also joins those slamming Google for doing that: YouTube co-founder hurls abuse at Google over new YouTube comments.

So... What do you think about this? Google forcing people to make Google+ accounts to comment on YouTube videos, because they realize Google+ isn't working as they wanted it to do. Some people don't even have Facebook, because they just don't want to be on such sites, which I can understand, even though I'm on Facebook, but I know how to keep everything safe there, but anyway.

I'm so frustrated. I was being forced already to make a Google+ account to log into YouTube at all when I forgot my password! I was so frustrated and angry and I still am.

Now your thoughts about it.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.

Last edited by LuziMiazawa on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New YouTube comment section...   Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:24 am

are you sure about this? I still can post comments without joining google+

EDIT: Oh , I alrd had a Google account since i had a Youtube account... lol, no wonder i can still post comments. Anyways , this Google+ thing is quite interesting though but i still find no use for it. It only serves as a platform to communicate with subscribers for those who make videos.

Honestly, I find that there's no fuss in it. It's just comments , you aren't banned to watch the video right unless you create a Google+ Account right?

P.S: Ever since I created a Youtube Account in 2009, I had no idea that there was google+ at all  UNTIL NOW ><

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New YouTube comment section...   Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:07 am

KuroStar wrote:
are you sure about this? I still can post comments without joining google+

EDIT: Oh , I alrd had a Google account since i had a Youtube account... lol, no wonder i can still post comments. Anyways , this Google+ thing is quite interesting though but i still find no use for it. It only serves as a platform to communicate with subscribers for those who make videos.

Honestly, I find that there's no fuss in it. It's just comments , you aren't banned to watch the video right unless you create a Google+ Account right?

P.S: Ever since I created a Youtube Account in 2009, I had no idea that there was google+ at all  UNTIL NOW ><

There are ppl who do not have a Google+ account and don't want to have one and now let's you've a rather "famous" channel and that happens. You can't communicate anymore to your fans.

Also, what they say: "If you're watching Lindsey Stirling or Epic Rap Battle, wouldn't you like it more to see their comments on top?" Which is completely BS. Even big YouTuber's don't like this new comment section, since it makes it hard for them to communicate with their subscribers. Here it is explained so far what Google has said to that.

Also, this may cause channel to lose views. Some people really want to comment and they don't see any reason anymore to stay on YouTube if Google changes YouTube for the worst. Since last year the subscriber feed is broken. If you subscribed to a small channel, you won't see their upload if you've subscribed to bigger channels. You mainly see the uploads of the big guys.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fatmatt75

PostSubject: Re: New YouTube comment section...   Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 am

To me it doesn't make much of a difference as I don't comment on any videos. But I agree that it has made the comment section of YT much worse.

Personally I find it much harder to view the comments and many of the "top comments" are people sharing the video in question to those in their G+ circle which honestly isn't much of a comment. More than that, whenever I see an interesting reply to a comment and I want to see the original comment it opens up a new page which makes the video play again.

LuziMiazawa wrote:
Also, what they say: "If you're watching Lindsey Stirling or Epic Rap Battle, wouldn't you like it more to see their comments on top?" .
IIRC they comments from the channel were automatically bumped to their own section at their top so I think this is Google just being a major screw up.

I think that in their attempts to make G+ big/happening they just screwed themselves majorly. This will only cause people to hate G+ and it doesn't change the reason why people prefer to use FB and G+.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New YouTube comment section...   Today at 11:00 am

Back to top Go down

New YouTube comment section...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1